Roylewaa's MB2 decision time

Roylewaa

Thanks chaps :) quite pleased with it

Everything came apart quite easily, not 1 clip or fitting broke

Great how to to remove the long piece by removing the binnacle surround first, it came out nice and easy

Yes it's a sony remote for the headunit

I know it's close already to the headunit however there was method in it, you can't change discs in the changer in the boot from the front of the stereo just the remote, which is never good fiddling with a remote while driving, just a flick of the commander and away it goes :)

Had to get a bit creative to mount it as there was no mounting plate, so used a couple of Meccano bolts with nuts on and tapped 2 little holes on the cowling and back of the commander and job done :)

I did think about a new gearknob but I'm quite attached to that momo one as it's quite weighted

I plan on doing the front calipers red, the drums will be black as don't want to draw attention to it having drums lol

A few bits of red here and there to compliment the red inside

The more I look at it the more I might redo the lower parts black

I've got an excuse to now as since disturbing the dash one of my heater console bulbs has gone off, my OCD had already kicked in and it will drive me to distraction until I sort it :)

The carbon wrap bug has got me, I keep looking at the fridge thinking it would look awesome wrapped :)

Yeah I noticed that aswell when I fitted it, the missus was complaining her hands were hurting by that point so i put it down to that

I did tell her to try and keep it all the same direction

Not to worry though:)

Never mind about the other direction on cig lighter... Looks good still, top marks to your mrs. for wrapping it all!

Red calipers will be good too, will join up the theme inside to out.. I like where this is heading!! :D

Well I've ordered some black wrap today so when that arrives I've decided to do the lower parts in black

What I'm going to do thought is get the ashtray/ciggy lighter panel from a scrapper 45 and do that as I like the the fact is one piece:)

Also plan on doing the grill surround in black wrap as it's already stone chipped and I only painted the thing last week :(

Will be doing the rear chrome bit above the number plate and the petrol cover panel:)

Will wait for the wife's hands to stop aching first - I'm good like that ;)

• Like 1

Well I've ordered some black wrap today so when that arrives I've decided to do the lower parts in black

What I'm going to do thought is get the ashtray/ciggy lighter panel from a scrapper 45 and do that as I like the the fact is one piece:)

Also plan on doing the grill surround in black wrap as it's already stone chipped and I only painted the thing last week :(

Will be doing the rear chrome bit above the number plate and the petrol cover panel:)

Will wait for the wife's hands to stop aching first - I'm good like that ;)

Sounds like good plans mate...glad you are getting into carbon wrap..it's the cheaper and best looking mod in my opinion :-D