2 strutbraces front

weetec

once again madness has prevailed. i bought a strutbrace 4 £30 of a fellow mb member. decided to flip original brace around, a bit of cutting involved to make space for struts. then fitted new brace. the overall looks are good. can be done to eg6 and eg9 aswell as i have done it to my other eg9 too.

• 1 month later...

First time ive seen this, but tbh, I would imagine one will probably knock out the effects of the other. The way the mb6 strut brace is fitted as standard and any effect it has on stiffening the shell is debatable, think it was more for looks as the brace is pretty flimsy itself :lol:

You'll probably find that the extra one you've fitted will be doing a better job than the standard mb6 one!

Is it the one in the boot your looking for? I think either Blames, or 1.8vti has one fitted. Deff seen one on a members car in here somewhere lol :D

Like Dave says pointless having 2. I would have upgraded to the ITR front upper and spoon lower braces and also the rear spoon brace. The setup I have just described would be more benefical than the setup you have. However I admire your skills in fitting the 2nd brace.

Archived