How to On Chanigng suspension

Nav

Hey guys,

Is there is a how to on getting the full suspension out and insttaling the MGZS ones on an MB6.

I had a look through the How to Section cant find any.

If someone could give a rough idea that will be great, if there is a sequence to do the job..??

Nav

It's easy mate on the front take the bolt out the top of the fork and then bolt at bottom of fork. Then push the hub down and pull the fork out the way. Then there is two bolts holding the brake line on. Then two bolts under the bonnet shock out.

Rear can be a bit more of a b1tch as the bottom bolt on the shock can a nightmare to get out I would give it a good soak with wd40 the night b4 and wire bush it! Also might have to take plastics out the boot not 100% as ain't done it for a while and might have to take bolt out rear lower controll arm to get the movement to get the shock out. If u lived near me I would help

i had a look at the rear... man i cant see anything else but rust... some of these bolts.. i am not even sure if any would come off..

i am changing the hand brake cables and am having problem taking of the braket off the cable (to bolt on to the caliper) and the holding pin at the very end which also bolts on to the caliper itself... its a nightmare... socked it in brake fluid and its still not budgging.. :(

any help guys...

It's easy mate on the front take the bolt out the top of the fork and then bolt at bottom of fork. Then push the hub down and pull the fork out the way. Then there is two bolts holding the brake line on. Then two bolts under the bonnet shock out.

Rear can be a bit more of a b1tch as the bottom bolt on the shock can a nightmare to get out I would give it a good soak with wd40 the night b4 and wire bush it! Also might have to take plastics out the boot not 100% as ain't done it for a while and might have to take bolt out rear lower controll arm to get the movement to get the shock out. If u lived near me I would help

Boot side carpets need to come away, shouldn't need to take any of the plastic off. Disconnect the upper arm where it attaches to the body, they shouldn't be rusty as thread inside the car and less likely to snap than lca bolt.

Bottom bolt will probably snap anyway even after soaking and brushing so get spare bolts and consider yourself Mr Lucky if they both come out clean.  :)

• 4 months later...

Bottom bolt will probably snap anyway even after soaking and brushing so get spare bolts and consider yourself Mr Lucky if they both come out clean.  :)

do you know what size bolts they are? will be doing this swap soon and don't want to get stuck with snapped bolts!!

do you know what size bolts they are? will be doing this swap soon and don't want to get stuck with snapped bolts!!

M10s IIRC, sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.