Tyres for the MB6

mb6vti

I have researched this question on other Honda sites but thought best to ask here. I need to replace all four and am lost as to what I should buy.

My ideal tyre would be RE010 but these are hard to find and many say the T1Rs and KU31s have soft sidewalls.

Any ideas fellas as to what I should buy?

Please guys I need to stick with 195/55/15 so nobody say why don't you go for 195/50/15 :lol:

Well they were born with bridgestones so sticking to them would be good if you can afford it, but dont know much about other tyre makes so cant help with this really, sorry dude. Hopefully someone will know better than me, i will be watching this thread as I need some new boots soon too!! :lol:

I've just changed all 4 from 195/50/15 to 195/55/15, and the difference is is really good. I got a deal on toyos, and have found they've been superb mate, both in handling in both wet/dry. I hated my 50 series tyres, ride was too bumpy, road noise was terrible!!

Only had these about 2 months, so not sure what they will wear like, but so far, can't fault them

For a good deal try http://www.blackcircles.com They do a delivered price, or fully fitted, so choice is yours. Mine were £213 fully fitted. Really excellent people to deal with too. Think there in our "useful links" bit too!! 8-)

Dave alot of folk complain about the flex in the sidewalls of the T1Rs in the 55 profile - how do they feel to you?

Ive never noticed any flex at all to be honest, and thats even when its being driven really hard. I have heard people mention this before, but can honestly say never experienced any flexing at all. I'm lovin the TR1's ;) I'd say they're a good balance between handling, comfort and noise. Best of all worlds

I changed the tyre size on mine as soon as I got it.

55s are so much more expensive than 50s, and this also allowed me to comfortably lower the car as much as I wanted to. The profile drop doesn't affect my speedo reading enough for it to be a problem either.

I used to run T1-Rs. They were okay. They felt like a better tyre (albeit with a 45 profile) on my old Polo GT (a car that weighed 750kg). The T1-Rs actually got better with age on my Civic I found, which isn't ideal.

Then I went to Yokohama A539s. These were awesome in the dry, but still not as good as I wanted them to be in the wet.

Now I'm onto the Yokohama Parada Spec 2s. And these are finally the kind of tyre I was after. They really are awesome! Perform well at all temps and weather conditions from the start.

I changed the tyre size on mine as soon as I got it.

55s are so much more expensive than 50s, and this also allowed me to comfortably lower the car as much as I wanted to. The profile drop doesn't affect my speedo reading enough for it to be a problem either.

I used to run T1-Rs. They were okay. They felt like a better tyre (albeit with a 45 profile) on my old Polo GT (a car that weighed 750kg). The T1-Rs actually got better with age on my Civic I found, which isn't ideal.

Then I went to Yokohama A539s. These were awesome in the dry, but still not as good as I wanted them to be in the wet.

Now I'm onto the Yokohama Parada Spec 2s. And these are finally the kind of tyre I was after. They really are awesome! Perform well at all temps and weather conditions from the start.

Thats what i was saying in my post they are one good tyre i would have nothing else at the min. if they can handle my 401 nm of torque they will be good on any car.

• 5 months later...

Archived