Spanish Mb6 - New photos, little update

fishy

Hey mates!, the project has stopped for a while. Took the car last weekend to the mountain for the first time, so i could have fun with it at least! 

Car behaved really great on twisty roads, but after 50km of "touge", it started to puff blue-ish smoke  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

I stopped to cool it down, and check the oil level. It was almost at minimum (topped it that same morning).

Bought the car with fresh 5w40 oil in it, it has drinked 1,5Liters in 7000kms, so im gonna put fresh 10w40 oil in it to see if it stops a bit drinking oil. So for now, this is the last money i put in the car  :cry:

If it doesnt stop using that much oil, im gonna sell the car, i cant afford opening the engine and refurbish it.

Is that oil comsuption a lot guys??

5w is too thin I think, 10w should be better! Not bad going though 7000km for 1.5 litres, some M's use more, some use less! Just keep an eye on it with the 10w and you should see some improvement!

Yea mate, thats what ive read, that 10w40 is recommended for engines with lots of miles. And mine has almost 250.000km.

I hope it goes better with it. Anyway it was the first time i beated the car that hard since i bought it, 1hour of vtecing thru mountain roads.

I just think that the oil was veeery hot, being thinner, and it went thru somewhere, and smoked because of that.

Yea mate, thats what ive read, that 10w40 is recommended for engines with lots of miles. And mine has almost 250.000km.

I hope it goes better with it. Anyway it was the first time i beated the car that hard since i bought it, 1hour of vtecing thru mountain roads.

I just think that the oil was veeery hot, being thinner, and it went thru somewhere, and smoked because of that.

Most likely! Dr_Broon on here has more miles and still going strong, these engines will last as long as they are looked after 8-) 

Thanks krzys!

Whoa Dr_broon, lots of miles in that beautiful deck!! Any oil consumption at all? I assume u use 10w40 oil right? I will be doing a belt change and valve adjustment after the oil change.

Nice, thanks for the tips guys! 

Everything is ready for an oil and filters change tomorrow, also im gonna change the coolant, because it doesnt look healthy. And maybe sparkplugs.

Here`s part of the fun kit for tomorrow:

n00g.th.jpg

And on sunday, back to the Jerez Circuit for some fun!!!

Next in the list is a valve adjusment, and new valve cover gasket and sparkplug seals (its getting some oil thru there)

• Like 1