The "Grandad Mobile" MC2

lwal4152

Sooooo where do i start, a friend of mine bought the aerodeck over a year ago to take the engine out for his EK, he owed his dad some money so his dad kindly sold it for him an made £450 off it lol.

He just so happened to sell it to a friend of mine which was going to put it on the road an sell both his cars an make this his daily, i realised he'd bought it when i spoke to him an i'd took a shining to it when it was in my mates unit last year :)

I eventually bought it for £600 after it went for it's M.O.T, failed on a sidelight and a headlight bulb, had to remove the foglights as they were completely none existant anyway !!

So yeah, the project begins here i guess........(BIT MORE OF THE GAY INFO FIRST)

Mostly Honda service history, but some other history to go with her, she was sat at 130,902 when i bought it, had new tyres, new pads, a good oil an filter change, some £40 spark plugs (got me a nice discount on those) & some fresh coolant

I removed the Spoon air filter that came on it and replaced it with the standard airbox but removed all the dodgey piping that goes with it, not replaced the filter yet as it looked practically brand new.

Just done little things for the time been until i've saved up some more money and got time to do the bigger things that i want to do :)

Noooooooow time for some photos :wink:

null_zps0fabd8de.jpg

The day i picked her up and dropped my EK off at my friends unit :)

null_zpsb49bccf0.jpg

null_zps8e1a6ee4.jpg

null_zps650023a0.jpg

null_zpsa1709f23.jpg

null_zps2ec069ec.jpg

I started to get a little bit annoyed of the 2 random silver bits on the front and back of the car, haha, out came matt black paint :)

null_zpsdbed2013.jpg

It weren't the best of paint jobs tho as i tried to hurry but i'm in the process of painting up another one that i managed to get real cheap :)

null_zps38cea591.jpg

null_zpse05e333c.jpg

A couple of days before trax i ordered a few random stickers, nothing too fancy but was sick of been stopped by the police in my EK hence the 2 muppets stickers on the rear window, i did get stopped a week ago an the copper said that if it weren't for me an my mate both wearing baseball caps he wouldn't of bothered stopping me....

null_zps63703ac5.jpg

null_zpse11232bb.jpg

null_zps26d3c19e.jpg

null_zpsf732bab3.jpg

The build won't be super dooper fast, i'm not in brilliant health wise at the mo either, an working nights kindof takes most of my days away but things will be happening real soon, paint, coilovers, wheels & just little things, past the time of taking on huge projects that get no where !!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah........i told you i would get here eventually !

I ent to good with doing the headlight thing, tried on my other one and failed miserably :roll:

I did paint the rear strip on the boot aswell.
Inside isn't the cleanist i will admit, seats are in good nick and stuff tho but it's just the huge chunks missing out the roof lining which i will get round to at some point.

Please note: To people wondering...it is a VTi but i wanted it to not be as obvious that it was a VTi so all the DOHC VTEC stickers were removed & the badges were also removed

Looks like it's coming along already, I see you have the VTI-S front lip and side skirts, just the rare and hard to find rear skirt and Uber rare mid spolier to complete it :wink:

I painted all my chrome, but the stones kept getting the grill, it's now wrapped .

Next on your shopping list should be an MGZS anti roll bar and maybe a suspension upgrade of some kind. On standard stuff the handling is comical/dodgy [smash.gif]

It's currently sat on rear koni shocks, not to sure what the front are tho, i describe the handling as "The Titanic Trying To Navigate An Iceberg"

I have got a friend who had a VTI-S for breaking but the jammy git sold the reat of the car before he told me he'd got it :/ ahhhh well, just see what i can find :)

Looks like a nice clean car for the money, EK looks nice too, can't understand why people gave you grief. shrug.gif1

It was only the D15 so when ever you asked questions about the engine or anything like that the answer to all my problems was.....just drop a B series in it. None of my questions were ever answered !

Just gonna sort a few little bits out, tracking & a few lil clips & stuff, had to visit Honda as half my drivers side drop link went walk about, £100 all in & got a health check done aswell, they were quite impressed how clean the car was, just a few scuffs & marks that need sorting bodywork wise :)