Brake disks & pads.

Calster17

My front brakes are nearing there life, giving me an excuse to upgrade them for something with better bite!

I'm still needing to have a proper look at the disk's to see how there fairing before i decide what i'm going to do, but was wondering what people would recommend getting, and what fit's the MC1.

Plan 1 is seeing how the front disk's are, just replace the pads.(rears will be basic replacement of pads/disk). Been thinking of EBC GreenStuff pads, but not sure if they'll fit, or worth getting them. 

Plan 2 is much like plan 1, but if the disk's need replacing. Would be interested in getting drilled/grooved ones.

Would it be of any real benefit getting fancy sports parts? Or would i be better just getting original parts?

I use the car everyday, but often go for a spirited drive, and once everything is sorted planning my first track day next year.

Thanks in advance for any help & advice.  :smile:

I went for mtec dimpled and grooved discs all round. As said before DON'T get drilled as i went through 2 sets under warranty with mtec on my last civic.

I also have green stuff front pads and mintex rear pads. I found the green stuff to be fine for my driving style but as i may track the car next year....i think red stuff may be an option at the time. But for non track driving, green stuff are good.

I've recently got the Mtec discs, i just went for grooved. I got the black editions too, to save looking at rust in the future.

SDC15032_zps822117dd.jpg

I bought a tin of hammerite smooth satin black paint and painted the hubs to avoid unsightly rust later in life! :)

Freakyparts doing special september only mtec very good £s drilled ect ect...gold black w.h.y..

98 spec DC2 (282/260mm 5x114.3)
Standard finish £137.00 including delivery
Anti-rust coated £160.00 including delivery

96 spec DC2 (upgraded to 282/260mm 4x114.3)
Standard finish £100.00 including delivery
Anti-rust coated £123.00 including delivery

These prices are only available if purchased as a full disc set, and only valid during September. Prices quoted are for 4 discs, 2 front and 2 rear.
We can also offer excellent prices Pad by Mintex, EBC, Ferodo, Carbotech and other manufacturers.

• Like 1