Honda 2.2 CDTi Engine

joelufc20

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the shape I'm on about getting lol

I see, sorry dude! It was the title of this post that confused me,all the new shape accord 09-onwards are I-DTEC engines. Not CDTi :) if u Wana know anything then give me a shout

I see, sorry dude! It was the title of this post that confused me,all the new shape accord 09-onwards are I-DTEC engines. Not CDTi :) if u Wana know anything then give me a shout

I wanna no every thing lol mostly about the DPF system am I likely to have problems with it what other bad things should I need to know

I wanna no every thing lol mostly about the DPF system am I likely to have problems with it what other bad things should I need to know

DPF delete is all you need to know about them! :lol: 

On a serious note though, basically to keep them clear you need to take the car on good long runs! If it's only pottering about town then that's when they clog up and you get problems!

So really no good to me as we don't ever go far so will end up with big bills

If you're not going to use it for regular long runs, you'd be best off sticking with petrol.

It's allways best to get them removed to be honest but that could cost you £500-£1000! I've had a few issues at work with the early accords but not enough to say that it's a common fault on them! Most are fixed with a simple DPF regen which costs a couple of hours labour. I can count on one hand how many we've actually had to replace.

Apart from that they are good cars. Don't let the oil level go below minimum cuz your stretch the timing chain and keep to the Honda dealer service schedule and you'll be fine :) brakes are 270 for disc and pads and same for rear ( that's dealer price) exhaust will last forever ;) tyres are pricier cuz you'll be on 17/18's more than likely. Just don't expect parts to be cheap.

DPF delete is all you need to know about them! :lol:

On a serious note though, basically to keep them clear you need to take the car on good long runs! If it's only pottering about town then that's when they clog up and you get problems!

Your bang on with your theory Krzys. That is exactly how they work, however the few Hondas that have been problematic with me are the ones that travel down the motorway!! This shouldn't be the case but it has been for some reason?? Honda haven't explained to me why :(