sloppy gear lever

raymb6

just wondering does any one else have problem with a wobbley stick :wink: when my car is in 1st you can move the lever side to side like stiring porridge is there some sort of repair to fix this problem or mabey even a lever from a different Honda that will be same as quickshift shorter throws for gears ect or are they all like it

tom id be telling you a lie I could tell u some stories about it when I brought it she cut the wires for the airbag and removed the squib also removed all wiring for horn buttons on oem steering wheel that was missing the back part too she had air horn wired up through the fuse box she had taky stickers all over the car and silly little blue lights on the front grille she super glues a red Honda badge to the original one in front grille so I went to work sorting the air bag and steering wheel have that all done filled the small hole in the rear quarter ripped out all wiring for air horns it makes me wonder why people do stuff like that they haven't a clue

oh it is tom but I only got it for 750 euro which is about 500 pounds there making anything from as low as 1500 and as high as 2500 for a clean one only good thing is there so expensive because there so rare and everyone wants one mine was a uk car that was imported as are most of mb6 over hear only a hand full id say if you were to import one from  uk over to hear the duty to change the reg to iris one is 1000 euro that's why there few about

Short shift won't fix sloppy shifter.

There's two bushes that wear.either end of the stabiliser bar. Replacing those often solves the issue.

Otherwise a problem that i had was slop in the universal joint as the shift linkage joins the gearbox. I resolved this by hammering as washer i cut into the universal joint. Possibly not the best fix but it worked for me

tom id be telling you a lie I could tell u some stories about it when I brought it she cut the wires for the airbag and removed the squib also removed all wiring for horn buttons on oem steering wheel that was missing the back part too she had air horn wired up through the fuse box she had taky stickers all over the car and silly little blue lights on the front grille she super glues a red Honda badge to the original one in front grille so I went to work sorting the air bag and steering wheel have that all done filled the small hole in the rear quarter ripped out all wiring for air horns it makes me wonder why people do stuff like that they haven't a clue

Sounds like a right butcher job, you've got you're work cut out there, hopefully it'll be worth it though.