Has anyone fit a MGZS back-box to their MB?

vtec2011

Went scrappy to get a couple rear light bulb terminals to do the JDM light mod, but then this MGZS 180 caught my eyes! First thing I saw was the back-box as the car was on it's side. LongLife stainless steel with a 3.5" or 4" tip (Bargain for 8 quid!). Hopefully it will go on my MB3 with a bit of effort but has anyone fit one on their MB? If so, is there anything I have to do to make it fit? Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks for reading  :smile:

Oh yeah, I still didn't pick up light bulb terminals. Shows how easily I can be distracted  :roll:

1424463_634922236572652_1771053530_n.jpg

Should fit easy mate, the hangs are in the right place. Looks like a quality exhaust, I would love to hear how that sounds fitted. :)

Actually it looks kinda long but should be okay, there is room at the back.

The back box is on, but not connected... :lol:  The hangers line up with all 3 brackets perfect and sits in the rear VTi-S lip perfect too, so that's a bonus! But the holes on the flange (I know what your dirty minds are thinking) are too small. So the bolts don't go through straight between the 2 flanges, if that makes sense? So I will just drill the holes bigger  ;)

Sh*tbox to stunner... 

999631_635072753224267_1038117041_n.jpg

• Like 1

It should be on tomorrow when I do it at work! So much easier doing it on ramps and got a all the tools to get it fitted properly. No I didn't! One side skirt was cracked because the car was on it's side and I couldn't take the ARB off because the drop link bolts were rounded off! If I had a grinder or saw in hand, I would've had it straight away. Hopefully it's still there when I go back on Saturday! 

It should be on tomorrow when I do it at work! So much easier doing it on ramps and got a all the tools to get it fitted properly. No I didn't! One side skirt was cracked because the car was on it's side and I couldn't take the ARB off because the drop link bolts were rounded off! If I had a grinder or saw in hand, I would've had it straight away. Hopefully it's still there when I go back on Saturday! 

Good man.  :)  What about the suspension??

Good man.  :)  What about the suspension??

Maybe... Being a 180 2.5 V6 which is heavier than my MB3, the spring rates and shocks are different, which is going to make my car higher right?