Burbleboys 'Grid V' Project *NOW GOT PICS*

burbleboy

Right guys, after the recent thread regarding stanced cars etc i have decided on a plan for my MB6.

I was showing my mate in work the cars on the stanced thread and mentioned how much i love a deep dish! He then went on his phone and showed me Rota Grid V alloys. I had an instant trouser tent and loved the thought of my car with those on it.

The wheels and thread got me thinking.

The background to my decision;

I have a wedding coming up in March...including a honeymoon to fund...and some credit card to still pay off. I had always planned to get a new car at some point (after paying off wedding debt), a car with power, like Subaru/Evo. Two guys in my work have recently bought Subaru wrx's and this put me off the whole fast car completely as its proved too common a choice.

I really do like the MB cars, i always have. I feel that they are a practical, sleeper, reliable motor that i'm quite attached to and love driving! Some of you may relate to that, some won't!

Anyways, i spoke to her tonight and said that i plan to take out x amount of loan to pay off my credit card and pay for the honeymoon to Mexico. Any left over i will spend on my car as i plan to keep it, as i have spent a few quid getting it modded to my needs. I sealed the plan by saying (in truth) that paying the honeymoon back when its been paid for on card will take the same time to pay off a personal loan. Sold!

Car Plan Details;

Meister R coilovers

Skunk2 Front Camber Kit (cheap makes have poor ball joints that last months only)

Skunk2 Rear LCA's & Top Camber Arms (apparantly cheap makes have cheap metal that shear)

Rota Grid V (black colour) 16" Et20 http://www.ebay.com/itm/16X8-ROTA-GRID-V-WHEELS-4X100-RIM-0MM-OFFSET-FLAT-BLACK-FITS-4-LUG-MIATA-/330849999103

Tyres (size unknown for now)

Arches Rolled and Flared http://chizfab.com/

(with possible golf mk1 arches included) http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/152787/fat-honda-mb6-vti

Rear Spoiler + Paint http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=5906

Nearly all of my mates are mechanics so i will bung one of them a few quid for their help to fit all suspension!

The cost for all this is approx £2300. Coupled with all the brakes being uprated, rust free underneath and an engine that is looked after, it makes for money well spent if it lasts me another couple of fun filled years. Leaving the engine as it is..that would be a whole new money pit in getting some extra bhp!

I am not going down the stanced route with mega camber etc. I want a flush look and able to drive it. The arches will see that i dont have to have it on its arse!

Constructive critasism/thoughts are always welcome.

Alastair

• Like 3

Sounds awesome mate, looking forward to seeing it.

I know exactly what you mean when you say it's a practical & reliable sleeper car, I absolutely love mine, I've had it nearly 4yrs and can't see me getting rid any time soon. :D

All the best with the wedding too. :)

Sounds awesome mate, looking forward to seeing it.

I know exactly what you mean when you say it's a practical & reliable sleeper car, I absolutely love mine, I've had it nearly 4yrs and can't see me getting rid any time soon. :D

All the best with the wedding too. :)

Thanks mate!

I went into a long winded post there as i felt the need to give people a background into my way of thinking. I love cars and modifying them and always will. I'm sure that came across in the post! :) plus i like to ramble a bit!

Sounds excellent mate! Would you colour code the arch extensions?! Your car already sounds pretty evil, the plans you have will make it look really aggressive too! Can't wait to see it done!! 8-)

Sounds excellent mate! Would you colour code the arch extensions?! Your car already sounds pretty evil, the plans you have will make it look really aggressive too! Can't wait to see it done!! 8-)

Not sure bout painting the arch extensions tbh. Ive not decided for sure as i need to know how much the wheel sticks out. Arch extension may stick out past the alloy meaning i would have to get spacers etc to make up the gap..another expense i could do without! The arch company can flare the arches so i will ask their advice...once i have wheels to try on and show them!

One of the headaches i have now is deciding what wheel colour to order. White is an option but would take the sleeper aspect away..black however is nice but descreet...dont know what direction i want my car to go!!