My MB6 - bought a deck!

marv

Fair play dude n dont worry too much about oil in the intake mani as thats where its supposed to go only way to reduce it is too fit a catch can n in reference to the bosch plugs i wouldnt recommend them trust me check my build thread lol

Well I'm still getting a lot of bubbles in the radiator :( took it for a wee spin and something's not right. I'm hoping it's the timing because it just seems to be holding back, the revs are also very low at idle and it feels like it will cut out once the revs come down. Anyone any ideas? Gonna see if I can find someone with a timing light tomorrow to double.

Sounds like timing too me dude n a timing light is the best way forward as for bubbles how bad/big are they show us a pic as could be nothing somtimes its down to the coolant type

Well I'm still getting a lot of bubbles in the radiator :( took it for a wee spin and something's not right. I'm hoping it's the timing because it just seems to be holding back, the revs are also very low at idle and it feels like it will cut out once the revs come down. Anyone any ideas? Gonna see if I can find someone with a timing light tomorrow to double.

These are a sod to bleed, is the temp gauge climbing or not? When I changed the stat in this one I couldn't shift an airlock for love nor money! Cold air coming out when heaters were on hot full blast, took it for a quick drive on a 60mph road, temp climbed quite high then suddenly the air escaped, boiling air came out and gauge flew down! Small brown trouser moment before-hand though! :lol:

These are a sod to bleed, is the temp gauge climbing or not? When I changed the stat in this one I couldn't shift an airlock for love nor money! Cold air coming out when heaters were on hot full blast, took it for a quick drive on a 60mph road, temp climbed quite high then suddenly the air escaped, boiling air came out and gauge flew down! Small brown trouser moment before-hand though! :lol:

I'm now getting hot air through my heaters and all the pipes are hot, just still getting bubbles in the radiator. Il have a look again tonight. The temp gauge is sitting in the normal location and I haven't had the fan kick in yet. Was speaking with mechanics at work and try think I coul have maybe left a vac hose off or perhaps kinked one in the process of refitting the head. Was getting soaked last night so gave up checking but hoping I can get it resolved over the weekend.

On a more positive note..... I did manage to fit my modified front forks :) measured the height from the deck to the centre of the hub before and after and it's dropped her 20mm. When I came out for work this morning I did notice the front sitting lower than before and looking a lot better. Pics to follow once I get it sorted.

I'm now getting hot air through my heaters and all the pipes are hot, just still getting bubbles in the radiator. Il have a look again tonight. The temp gauge is sitting in the normal location and I haven't had the fan kick in yet. Was speaking with mechanics at work and try think I coul have maybe left a vac hose off or perhaps kinked one in the process of refitting the head. Was getting soaked last night so gave up checking but hoping I can get it resolved over the weekend.

Doesn't sound too bad mate, big bubbles or like fizzy bubbles? Just keep an eye on the level in the expansion tank and top it up as it needs it! I bet it's most of the way bled to be fair but the service manual you can download shows a bleed valve near the thermostat! 

Ok another update.... The timing was out :( managed to get it set and she's now running sweet! :) only problem is there's still smoke:( I'm hoping it's old oil left in the exhaust/inlet/head and will die down. I was supplied a thinner grade oil, 5w30 which I plan to change in a couple hundred miles for some slightly thicker 10w 40. It's not used any oil so far. Here's some pics of the whole car after fitting modded front forks.

5148AA70-56EF-435B-9215-A55A87F13BDA_zps

7C3A7163-B5D6-471B-ABC8-ABF95F3FFBE0_zps

E4A197D5-7DF5-45CD-8222-5D38B8C18404_zps