My MB6 - bought a deck!

marv

Whipped the plugs out and no3 and 4 are oily black, can also see oil on top of the pistons through the plug hole :( unsure about what's happened, going to speak with mechanics tomorrow and quiz the guy the done the head.

Oh. Not sure what else to say. So new stem seals on there. Oem? Or aftermarket?

Hg all good??

All head bolts torqued up?

Yeah head was torqued down. Stem seals were part of a kit so not oem but cylinders 1 and 2 are fine. Wondering if the guy messed up when putting the others on. Apart from that the cars running great and it's sitting at normal operating temp and not usin water just oil :(

Is chap who did the work aware of the differences between intake and exhaust valve stem seals???

Ie they are colour coded.

I'd have hoped he had as it's what they do everyday lol but no 1 and 2 are fine so kinda funny how 3 and 4 aren't. No4s probably worse and that cylinder was fine before head came off :( I can see I'm going to have to take it to bits again.

thats a pickle did you have the rest of the valves re seated? it it were me i would have bit the bullet and fitted a full set of valves while i was at it :/ hope you sort this before it get the best of you, chin up tools out dont let a machine beat you you own it remeber ;)

EDIT; im using 5-30 fully synthetic and use just as much oil as if i were using 10-40 

• Like 1

thats a pickle did you have the rest of the valves re seated? it it were me i would have bit the bullet and fitted a full set of valves while i was at it :/ hope you sort this before it get the best of you, chin up tools out dont let a machine beat you you own it remeber ;)

EDIT; im using 5-30 fully synthetic and use just as much oil as if i were using 10-40

Yes they had removed and reseated the valves along with new stem seals and 2 new valves. He pressure tested the rest and said try were fine. I brought a compression tester home tonight and got good compression on all cylinders, 180+psi.

Sorry to hear your still having issues mate :-(

My first thought was rings, but if you tested them there no reason to think it's them now. Just be something to do with the head work. Did the builder provide any sort of guarantee ??

For reference I use 5w40 fully in mine and that doesn't use a drop.

Sorry to hear your still having issues mate :-(

My first thought was rings, but if you tested them there no reason to think it's them now. Just be something to do with the head work. Did the builder provide any sort of guarantee ??

For reference I use 5w40 fully in mine and that doesn't use a drop.

People have suggested the rings :( wanting to speak with the older guy in the machining dept who comes back from holiday tomorrow. Not really a guarantee as it was my work that done it and it never cost me anything, well just the parts.