I do believe its FUBAR sir

Jayhoath83

Arrgh my gearbox is defo on its way out its getting very rattley

To the point where its embarassing lol. Ive ordered a new clutch which arrived and i thought i ordered a gearbox but turns out the brakers company that i placed the order with didnt even test it before they sold it but when they went to ship it. so they canceled my order n didnt tell me till i rang n asked a week later.

Phew rant over now where was i arh yes

Dose anybody know a good place to get an s9b gearbox recond or not nearly desprate lol.

I'm guessing you're holding off on the new clutch until you get the box off to repair/swap then? Could be something like needing fresh oil or something? Or am I being too optimistic?

Defo a bit optimistic if it's that noisy! Bearings probably come apart. I seen it with my own eyes box still working but input bearing in bits. Makes very noisy.

Keep an eye on civic life and eBay.

Gearbox buying can be risky unless you get a chance to try it

Or yeah 10000rpm.

• Like 1

Oh trust me its really loud from what i can tell its the input and output shaft bearings and the syncro's in first n second are pretty much Naffed

im now having too double clutch to change gear lol.

I found a rebuilt fully reconditioned one from a place in guildford with a 20000 mile warranty but they want £495 dose that sound fair? I feel its a bit pricey but im used to nissan parts

Depends what's been done when you say reconditioned. I'd expect to pay around 200-250 quid for used one with 100k.

So I guess it sounds reasonable what with the warranty and all.

I had a minor gearbox fault and decided to replace with a s4c box. I'm sure some members recall my woes. I had 5-6 boxes on my car before I found one that worked.

In hindsight I'd have rather paid a little more for peace of mind.

As it ended up costing a fortune. Time and money. Stress etc

Oh trust me its really loud from what i can tell its the input and output shaft bearings and the syncro's in first n second are pretty much Naffed

I found a rebuilt fully reconditioned one from a place in guildford with a 20000 mile warranty but they want £495 dose that sound fair? I feel its a bit pricey but im used to nissan parts

If it's had a full rebuild and they honour the warranty then I'd happily pay that!  

Sounds decent with a warranty like that. Will they take your old one in exchange to knock it down a bit?

Thats a good idea ill see if they will do that

Depends what's been done when you say reconditioned. I'd expect to pay around 200-250 quid for used one with 100k.

So I guess it sounds reasonable what with the warranty and all.

I had a minor gearbox fault and decided to replace with a s4c box. I'm sure some members recall my woes. I had 5-6 boxes on my car before I found one that worked.

In hindsight I'd have rather paid a little more for peace of mind.

As it ended up costing a fortune. Time and money. Stress etc

And after reading that i think its proberly the best way to go lol

• Like 2