On the hunt for a new car (part 5)

jamestopdog

Ok everyone this will make you laugh (makes me cry) but after two weeks of audi ownership, bored of the car and bored of the fuel consumption ... £90 of high octane fuel got me 368 miles means im averaging about 26-27mpg and thats not even thrashing it like my civic

What are you DOHC boys getting out of your tanks? I used to get 350 roughly and think used to cost about £55?

Im selling up as soon as getting the log book and getting back in a vtec

Sorry but I had to laugh.

£90 is about a tank and a half of super in an MB6 and should give you between 400 and 450 miles depending how you drive it. I average around 275 miles to a tank, that's mostly short journeys though and some heavy right foot action. :)

Loads of good info in there.

• Like 1

Despite the issues mine has currently, I can eek out 300ish mostly town driving or up to 350 on a run, my record though (done in my previous MB6) is this was basically a full tank of on a run was this.......

IMAG1006_zps2fwqjmyd.jpg

Despite the issues mine has currently, I can eek out 300ish mostly town driving or up to 350 on a run, my record though (done in my previous MB6) is this was basically a full tank of on a run was this.......

IMAG1006_zps2fwqjmyd.jpg

Driving Miss Daisy. and the motto of: "twenty's plenty" :lol:

Driving Miss Daisy. and the motto of: "twenty's plenty" :lol:

If only, I went from Nottingham to Edinburgh and then onto single track roads around Perth on that tank! :lol: 

If only, I went from Nottingham to Edinburgh and then onto single track roads around Perth on that tank! :lol:

There's no way I'd see more than 320-350 miles to a tank on a trip like that.