Water Mystery

GreenVTi991

My Civic has recently suffered from water ingress concentrated in the top corners of the roof lining above the A pillars. After searching on here I took the plastic gutters off the roof and the job underneath is mint - not a spec of rust in sight! I then took the A pillar trims and sun visors off, pulled the headlining down and checked the sunroof drain holes - mint with no leaks! I've also had a look at the metal above the top windscreen seal and cannot see any telltale signs of rust bubbling beneath it.

Even more confusing is since taking the interior apart a couple of weeks ago I've not put it back together to see where the water has been getting in and it's all dried out!

Where's left to check as I'm stumped?!

The windscreen is bonded in, the seal has probably gone.

I thought the same about mine, but it was actually leaking at the tailgate seal! Then condensation builds up and makes it look like it's coming from the windscreen! 

I would have thought that with the headlining out you'd have spotted any leaks from the sunroof or screen already, I left mine out for a week after trying it with kitchen roll to see if I could find where mine was coming from!

Yeah, I had the same when the headlining was out, would driving it while it was p1ssing it down and couldn't suss any leaks at all! My headlining was pretty ruined at the back of the car which pointed me to that end to check for leaks but with a dry boot I ruled out the tail light seal and the only other bit was the thick black rubber the tailgate uses to form a seal! I noticed pretty quickly it had helped! Though my car isn't yet properly sorted in that area as I have since noticed that the replacment rubber isn't tip top but it was free and loads better than what I had! Will be buying brand new from Honda when money allows! I plan to replace all five weatherstrips and all four door seals! Should be sorted then!

• Like 2