Steve's MB2 - MG ZS Trim installed at last (Pics page 3)

casasteve

Thanks for the well wishes :)

So, today I should be packing a suitcase, but I decided to try and get a few jobs done ;)

My heater resistor pack showed up, so I fitted that, and now heater 1&2 working.

I checked out the fuse box to see if the central locking fuse had gone. Strangely there was no fuse at all. I posted on the facebook group but ended up fitting a fuse. Voilà, central locking working from the key. Annoyingly, the fob isn't working, even after I figured out someone had pit the batteries in the wrong way around!

Lastly, I had a go at the door cards to play with the window mechanism. I didn't have much luck getting the handle surround off, so I gave up. I used silicone lube down the side window rubber runners and its made a big difference :)

So, some small jobs done before I go away :)

• Like 1

Any reason that the key fob (2 button style) seems to light up but it doesn't do anything? Sitting in the car pointing it at the receiver and nothing happens.

Could be the receiver has died? Trouble is if you replace it you'd need the fob to go with it as I'm not sure about reprogramming them.

I read something about re-programming them but not sure how accurate it was.  Something to investigate when I get back.  5am coach to Heathrow tomorrow  :shock:

Yeah worth a go if there's a chance, just pinch one from an M in a breakers yard/scrappy!  

Good luck with your brother!