Steve's MB2 - MG ZS Trim installed at last (Pics page 3)

casasteve

I need to stop spending money!  Just ordered more stuff for the above list, and some Osram Nightbreakers seeing as after discount they were £12...  So I have discs, pads, oil filter, pollen filter, spark plugs, osram bulbs, several tools like the windback tool and sparkplug wrench, as well as other bits and bobs on their way.

Now I need air filter (trying to decide whether to go paper or K&N panel), engine oil and transmission oil.  I'm going to leave the dizzy cap for now, and see what happens after replacing the spark plugs.  I guess there is wisdom in making changes gradually and seeing how the car reacts :)

I need to stop spending money!  Just ordered more stuff for the above list, and some Osram Nightbreakers seeing as after discount they were £12...  So I have discs, pads, oil filter, pollen filter, spark plugs, osram bulbs, several tools like the windback tool and sparkplug wrench, as well as other bits and bobs on their way.

Now I need air filter (trying to decide whether to go paper or K&N panel), engine oil and transmission oil.  I'm going to leave the dizzy cap for now, and see what happens after replacing the spark plugs.  I guess there is wisdom in making changes gradually and seeing how the car reacts :)

You'll be wasting your time with a K&N panel filter. 

You won't notice the gains so they extra dollar could be better spend on some Auto Glym and a pint on a sunny day :)

Just popped into my local Honda franchise (Avonvale, Coventry) to buy transmission fluid, but their card reader was stuffed so I have to go back another day.  Still, I got a quote for cam belt and water pump change.  Surprisingly they didn't seem to want to combine the two costs, though I didn't press them for a combined quote.  So, cam belt they want £210 for and water pump they want £357!  :shock:

Ringing around a few local places over the next few days.

I think both my cam belt and water pump cost about £200 and would have been cheaper if I'd done them at the same time.

Get the parts from john banks on here, he does a good deal on cam belts, then you just need to find someone who won't charge extortionate labour rates.

I used a blueprint water pump, waaaay cheaper than honda.

Thanks for the tips.  I have a friend of a friend, etc... Getting a guestimate hopefully for someone to do it.  I'll take a look at parts.  I assume most local garages don't mind you supplying the parts, or am I going to p!ss someone off if I rock up with parts?