help with locking wheel nut

mark.b

I've just gone to take my OSF wheel off to change my pads I can't get the locking wheel nut off the holes that the 4 pins locate into off the key are mishapen from I guess the tyre place and garages using an airgun.does anyone have any idea how to remove the nut as I've already changed the pads on the other side and need the car daily, managed to get the other 3 locking nuts off with a little difficulty

Tyre place wouldn't touch it told me it was a big job,the wheel nut key is like new, its the 4 holes in the wheel nut there oval so as soon as I put pressure on my wheel brace the nut key twists out,the problem I've got is new brake pads one the nsf and 2/3 worn pads nsf, is it safe to drive around to find help

Should be ok to drive mate, just take it steady. Have you got a speak plug socket? They are slightly thinner walled than a normal socket and I've used the in the past to whack off locking wheel nuts.

If you take it easy mate you will be okay to go to get help, you may find it pulls a bit when you brake so go slow easy braking and you will be fine

As you say you really could do with getting the other pads in so i would find someone who can help and go for it mate

try taking rest of nuts off with whhel jacked up then hitting back of wheel with a block of wood so you don't damage wheel with hammer sometimes it just takes the pressure off locking nut so you can undo it with the key. have done this a few times and works

• Like 2