List of Questions when buying an M

ammarbm

So as I mentioned on the other thread..that nice looking white aerodeck is sold but I went to see 2 VTIS that are for sale in my area today. First one was total disappointment. Looked like it was properly abused. Body work was in bad condition. Rocker cover had only 1 Washer all others missing. The RPM was staying at 3000 for some reason while idle. and both SRS and ABS lights were on. 

_802.jpg

_803.jpg

If I was to match it the list I made

Asking Price £1000 or Offer

1. What is the mileage - 155000
2. How long is mot and tax - 3 months and 4 months
3. Any service history - just had the previous MOT and Log Book No history at all
4. Any Rust - Some bubbling on the arches
5. What is the condition of body work - A few scratches and paint bubbling in a couple of places
6. What is the condition of interior - Full Leather but no CD player..and interior looked bad
7. When was the timing belt changed - No idea
8. When was the last service done - No Idea
9. What was changed in the last service - No Idea
10.Any smoke in vtec if it's a vtec model - He said no
11.Any water leaks - Clear leak on the drivers side near sun visor
12. If tow bar what has been towed with it - No

So i didnt even ask him for a test drive and just left.

• Like 1

Leave it way to much money IMO! Plus you don't wanna be f00king around with abs and srs lights, You sure it's def a vti-s and not a rep sati don't have no vtis alloys

You did the right thing walking away from that, especially if he had no idea when the cambelt was last done or even the last service!!

Sad to see one that neglected and as above has vti alloys, where are the fans? :(

• Like 1

That's a very good point guys I never thought about the fanblades lol..but it was s**t anyways :D

If you're looking at something being sold as a vtis it needs to have not just the badge and the kit but also mats, italic dials and age dependent: P, R, S reg; 15" speedline chrono alloys and an all alloy gearknob. T, V, X reg; 15" fanblade alloys and a half alloy half leather gearknob.

And if any of those are missing a reason why would be nice. Oh and don't forget vtis were only sold in pirates.

If Dan decides to sell his cascade green pearl vti deck, thats got to be worth a punt for £700 (see facebook). Make him an offer. :wink:

Looks like it needs a bit of work but could be worth it at the right price.

Second VTIS I saw was much better though and I am thinking about it but obviously not rushing..Here are the pics

c60f389a-b3f5-441b-b65b-5841b055975b.jpg

133c61b0-558b-4722-8825-8ccef9822675.jpg

This owner bought the car 5 years ago but he hardly driven it and stays on the driveway most of the time.. He bought it at 147K and in 5 years its at 163K atm. Went for a test drive with him and looked like he drives the car carefully wasn't rushing it around.

Asking Price £1200 or Offer..I asked for his last price which he said £1000 but I didnt make him an offer although considering mileage my offer would be £800

1. What is the mileage - 163000
2. How long is mot and tax - 8 months and 2 months
3. Any service history - Service history till 147K and since then the new owner has been doing the service himself
4. Any Rust - None anywhere I can see
5. What is the condition of body work - A few scratches here and there, front fogs lenses smashed, one headlight washer smashed
6. What is the condition of interior - Half leather, VTIS mats but driver's side is slightly ripped, Sony headunit, Interior looked clean, SRS light was on though..wht's the solution for that?
7. When was the timing belt changed - At 140K so its done 30K since then and its been 5 years
8. When was the last service done - At 160K 
9. What was changed in the last service - He changed the normal oil, oil filter, air filter and front break pads
10.Any smoke in vtec if it's a vtec model - He said no..went for a test drive the vtec seemed to be kicking in fine
11.Any water leaks - No sign of leak on the interior
12. If tow bar what has been towed with it - No

13. Any Modifications - He had Powerflow Custom Exhaust Fitted...sounded nice and subtle.. Window Tints done all around..17 inch alloys fitted..The rear tyres were fine but front looked like they needed changing.

14. Engine Bay - Was ok rocker cover was faded but nothing that can't be sorted

I liked that one a lot. I told him I got a few more to look at and then i will get back to him..i think with the mileage 800 is a fare offer but I am not sure if he would take it though lol

If Dan decides to sell his cascade green pearl vti deck, thats got to be worth a punt for £700 (see facebook). Make him an offer. :wink:

New door. New wing. new bonnet. Respray of each of those.

Couple of minor mechaical faults. Job done.

its definitely low mileage mate but seems like quite a few things need replacing and it has a few problems as well. I doubt he would ever take 700 though as he seem to like the car ;)

New door. New wing. new bonnet. Respray of each of those.

Couple of minor mechaical faults. Job done.

Plus bumper and wing mirror but if that can all be done for less than £3-400 and he's got history and cambelt changed then it's a bargain. :)

• Like 1