New daily

KiNK43

Fiesta St. Just as felt it should start kicking off. Power dwindled away and there was the limiter. Very disappointing.

Gotta love a vtec motor for fun. I know there not the fastest things in the world but they are definately fun!

Fiesta St. Just as felt it should start kicking off. Power dwindled away and there was the limiter. Very disappointing.

Gotta love a vtec motor for fun. I know there not the fastest things in the world but they are definately fun!

It's the roar as you pass 6k and just keep going and going and it's still making power. No, not the fastest thing out there but fast enough to plaster a massive grin across my face on a regular basis. :D

It's the roar as you pass 6k and just keep going and going and it's still making power. No, not the fastest thing out there but fast enough to plaster a massive grin across my face on a regular basis. :D

Most definitely. It's not always about speed. It's the fun factor too.

Yeah, power curve on a VTEC engine literally keeps climing and peaks just before the limiter! Derv's power comes in one lump across a small section of revs then tails off, petrol turbo's are much the same but more of it! Petrol N/A will peak early and tail off too! 

Most definitely. It's not always about speed. It's the fun factor too.

Yeah, I don't need to go twice the national speed limit, I prefer a good A road and some tricky bends! Occasional traffic light grand prix too! :lol:

Yeah, power curve on a VTEC engine literally keeps climing and peaks just before the limiter! Derv's power comes in one lump across a small section of revs then tails off, petrol turbo's are much the same but more of it! Petrol N/A will peak early and tail off too! 

Yeah, I don't need to go twice the national speed limit, I prefer a good A road and some tricky bends! Occasional traffic light grand prix too! :lol:

Definitely agree with that mate. I used to work with a chap who had an r34, ALL he used to bag on about was how it would do nearly 200 mph (yawn!) my EK used to eat standard r34's, scoobs, evo's et round the twisty stuff in track. Of course, they blasted past me in the straights, but i prefer going round a corner quick to going in a straight line.

Definitely agree with that mate. I used to work with a chap who had an r34, ALL he used to bag on about was how it would do nearly 200 mph (yawn!) my EK used to eat standard r34's, scoobs, evo's et round the twisty stuff in track. Of course, they blasted past me in the straights, but i prefer going round a corner quick to going in a straight line.

Going quick in a straight line is the easy part anyway! Handling is where the fun is at!

Going quick in a straight line is the easy part anyway! Handling is where the fun is at!

Nothing better than hitting an apex sweetly and leaving followers trailing behind. :D

same here, on late's i be comming home at night gone 10pm, be doing 70/75 on the A180, and i would have every man and his dog overtake me, but come the succession of three roundabout at the end, (all of which were NSL till recently) i'm going past them like there stood still, not fussed in a straight line but the twisty's are fun part....

Oh for sure I've had plenty of opportunities to ditch Honda. But they are awesome fun cars and they do hold there own against the big boys. I been on the bumper of a 650i upto 150mph odd. Amongst other things that have been spanked.

And not much would touch the eg/ek in the corners with a half decent setup.

• Like 1

Oh for sure I've had plenty of opportunities to ditch Honda. But they are awesome fun cars and they do hold there own against the big boys. I been on the bumper of a 650i upto 150mph odd. Amongst other things that have been spanked.

And not much would touch the eg/ek in the corners with a half decent setup.

Agree completely mate. My EK only had our engine with bolt ons, 185 she dynod at IIRC but a kerb weight of about 900kg, cage and all the suspension mods made it amazing in the corners.