What in the blazes!...

KiNK43

9000rpm would be cool though, less work to achieve I reckon, cams, valves, springs and retainers and a good map? :idea:

9krpm would be good but as you said before that crossover is part of the fun. B)

9krpm would be good but as you said before that crossover is part of the fun. B)

Plus it would get rid of the niggling 2nd gear change drop off! 8-)

Would you say the above parts would allow the limit to be raised that high? Obviously be better with more bits to help make power higher up!

Plus it would get rid of the niggling 2nd gear change drop off! 8-)

Would you say the above parts would allow the limit to be raised that high? Obviously be better with more bits to help make power higher up!

True but that only bothers me in full take off mode, usually 2nd and 3rd gear rolling acceleration is what gives the grin factor. :D

I think you'd probably need the double valve springs to help it make that rev limit safely.

Whoever thought this up had way to much time to waste and must had been riding a perfect engine to want to try and improve it further, surely if you want to lighten and increase relative revs straight to the limit you just keep your foot down and wait for the bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!

True but that only bothers me in full take off mode, usually 2nd and 3rd gear rolling acceleration is what gives the grin factor. :D

I think you'd probably need the double valve springs to help it make that rev limit safely.

Yeah, if you're rolling in 2nd or third its not a problem! Just the change from 1st to 2nd off the lights :lol:

Though sometimes I feel coming off an island in 2nd and foot down is a bit "blegh" while you wait, if I'm pacing though I'll drop her into 1st for an island! Works well with the heel 'n toe method on approach as the revs match nicely making a slightly awkward downshift easier! 

Yeah, if you're rolling in 2nd or third its not a problem! Just the change from 1st to 2nd off the lights :lol:

Though sometimes I feel coming off an island in 2nd and foot down is a bit "blegh" while you wait, if I'm pacing though I'll drop her into 1st for an island! Works well with the heel 'n toe method on approach as the revs match nicely making a slightly awkward downshift easier! 

Yes, if the speed drops low enough 2nd is never going to cut it, a quick blip and slot into 1st wins the day. :)

• Like 1