My MB2

mbfan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice clean sport mate, is it the 1.4 or 1.5? 8-)

Sadly it's a 1.4. I definitely am thinking of doing something this summer to increase its power. I mean I don't really want to add an aftermarket air filter for a nice sound if im only giving out 90 BHP!!

I was thinking of a mini conversion at some point

A b16 conversion would be good! lot of work though. If it was the 1.5, I think (not 100% sure) you can do the mini-me on them. Not much for the 1.4's though. :(

Oh yeah, doh!! MB2 is 1.4! Had a blonde moment then!! Whats a mini-me Dave?!! :? The civic sport was and is a great car, ok it might be slightly slower than some other m's, but it had the VTI looks, with the VTI interior to match, a friend had a 1.5, looked just like yours and it was well nice!! 8-)

mini-me is the d series non-tec (usually found in civic lsi's) transplanted VTEC cylinder head onto the engine....and also changing it from DPFi to MPFi at the same time

Hey, no you can still do it to a 1.4 I heard, I need to add in cylinder head of D16Y8 or something, that will bring it up to 127 BHP. Cause I still have a d series engine so it is possible.

Ah but in my heart I want that 1.8 engine and 166 BHP.

Oh yeah, doh!! MB2 is 1.4! Had a blonde moment then!! Whats a mini-me Dave?!! :? The civic sport was and is a great car, ok it might be slightly slower than some other m's, but it had the VTI looks, with the VTI interior to match, a friend had a 1.5, looked just like yours and it was well nice!! 8-)

Yeah tbh inside and outside it looks pretty much like a VTI, just small things are different, but the big difference is looking at the engine bay :lol:

I take it you have an MB6?? I think I may end up swapping this one eventually for an MB6, it's the only thing that will satisfy me lol. I want to drop a B18C4 engine in but like I would have to upgrade brakes, suspension, it seems too costly.

How is the MB6 like for fuel economy? I heard it's not too bad?

Yeah, i got an MB6, check out my project thread if you wanna see it! Its suprisingly good on the fuel actually mate, however i dont thrape the living poo out of it to be honest, I dont know the actual MPG, but i dont go to the pumps half as much as I thought i would!! The VTEC only gets used a few times a week, just to clear her throat, you know how it is!!!! :lol: I personally wouldnt waste loads of money changing a 1.4 to a VTI, I just dont think its worth it, it would be cheaper to just buy a VTI, especially if you cant do the work yourself. (I anit being a prat and putting people down that do "do up" smaller engined M's, its just my opinion!) Save your pennies and buy a real one if you can, otherwise if you are like me, you will never be totally happy!! :lol:

Archived