Aerocrap VTI from Slovenia

Hakosuka

Hello guys, I recently bought a MC2 VTI deck. I said "I won't do anything to it".

I don't have any pictures of it from when I bought it, but it's bone stock, not in very good condition green deck.

It runs, it has some problems, but nothing major. I bought it mainly because it was so cheap. Only 900€, it has 290k km.

However, when I was driving it home I noticed the rear end is wobbly, so I took everything apart and got new bushings and everything:

The guys that do that even sandblast and paint the little things "for free"!

imag1326.jpg

imag1331.jpg

Then I started the assembly, but I am still missing some bolts which snapped or, I needed to cut off as everything was seized. So when bolting everything back on I used plenty of copper spray, works a treat. a bit messy but it's worth doing...

imag1337.jpg

OK, then I got my Meisters out, they are for 4.gen Civic, so I still don't know how low is this crap going to be, but still, one side is mounted and ready to go:

imag1335.jpg

Short much?

imag1336.jpg

Soo, this is with coilovers wound up to the limit...oh yeah, the car is still lifted  8-)

imag1339.jpg

Now I am still waiting for new bolts to bolt everything back on the left side and get the car on the floor to se how low is it  :smile:

While waiting for bolts, I started working on the engine bay a bit.

All rusty brackets are going to be sandblasted and powdercoated, everything cleaned and maybe some mild wire tuck (nothing major).

Like you'll be able to see on the following pages it's dirty, greasy, rusty and generally not pretty.

imag1343.jpg

imag1344.jpg

imag1346.jpg

imag1350.jpg

imag1351.jpg

imag1352.jpg

imag1354.jpg

imag1358.jpg

Oil leak from the cam seal

imag1349.jpg

which resulted in a horribly greasy and gunky engine block:

imag1363.jpg

After several broken fingers and a lot of elbow grease the end result is okay, but not good enough. I need to find something better to clean it really good

imag1364.jpg

Then I got the valve cover off and prepared it for sandblasting. Took another 17million hours to do it properly:

imag1375.jpg

Meanwhile I ordered some new parts...more coming in:

Basically just some filters, HEKO wind deflectors, thermostat, front and rear caliper refresh kit with new clips (friend needed them so I gave him mine and he bought me new ones)

imag1379.jpg

Last mini project is the caliper refreshing. I actually have a second set of VTI calipers, so I just tore them apart and cleaned everything. They are actually mint condition, no seizing or any other s**t, so I will probably reuse the seals, because they are like new.

Size comparison to a 0,33L can, they are gigantic :)

imag1386.jpg

Then I started doing the rears. One was seized(the sliders), and the other one was also not very good condition. I will probably need to buy new rear pistons  :???:

Very gunky, not greasy at all, just some dry sh!t.

imag1387.jpg

That will be quite low! As long as it's what you want then it doesn't matter! 8-)

Nice work on the bushes so far! 

I obviously want it to be low, but still not stupidly low. I need this car as a daily, so if I get from work to home with no problems, then I'm good  :wink:

Thanks, a lot more to come!

• Like 1

Damn, I need to buy new rear brake pistons, got quoted 44€ for both  :eek:

Well, yeah, quite a thing going on, but there is still some cancer on the rear arches to sort and I need to source an MG ARB, new front grille and so on...

10000rpm doesn't want to answer me, I sent him 2 PM's, but still no answer.

Over the weekend I finally managed to get EF front forks and some new shinny bolts for the rear end and put it together. With EF coilovers  :grin:

Let the pics speak for themselves:

imag1398.jpg

imag1399.jpg

imag1402.jpg

I like it, just the exhaust is big and fugly, so will need to be changed to a bazooka style muffler  8-)