Full Service

onejdmcivic1984

My dear old Civic has surpassed the 150k mark and ive got a MOT coming up in less than 2 weeks and thought if it passes with flying colours I may treat it to a FULL service?

Thing is should I bother and do just a fluid top up all round? Figure it will cost around 150-200 and thought I could spend that on uprated shocks and suspension or other little things for my civic :)

Am I being naive or should I overlook it? Its not worth much the civic and it is getting past 150k mileage :s

A well serviced Honda will last for a lot longer than 150k, well worth doing even if you use non oem parts, never under estimate the value of a service.

• Like 1

I didn't know the history of my car when I got it, it just had basic service history.

I just replaced engine oil and transmission fluid and it feels better. I'm going to drain coolant when I can and I'll end up doing brake fluid as I need a new master cylinder anyway.

Worth doing, and if you have access to axle stands and a jack, fairly easy to do yourself with a basic socket set :)

Think of it this way, you can spend the money on suspension, then at least when it doesn't run you can stare lovingly at it knowing your hard earned went into making it lower. Or you can put up with it being boat like a little longer but know you have peace and mind that she'll start first time, every time! :)

• Like 4

Think of it this way, you can spend the money on suspension, then at least when it doesn't run you can stare lovingly at it knowing your hard earned went into making it lower. Or you can put up with it being boat like a little longer but know you have peace and mind that she'll start first time, every time! :)

Well said that man.

• Like 1

Well said that man.

It's like when I first got the VTi-S, needed a lot of maintenance work, still needs some but things that aren't vital to the cars running so I can afford to splash out on mods which I've done in spades recently! :lol:

• Like 1

THing is i cnt afford a FULL service atm but thinking of getting fluids topped up,oil filter changed and spark plugs replaced.

Im thinking of purchasing the oil filter and spark plugs from Halfords or should I go to a place like UNIPART for the bits? I would leave the fluids to my garage but anything to keep costs down would be good.

It does need a service of some kind as its not running too smoothly atm but hopefully that will change that

As every one else said a serivce on hondas is very important these thrive on it plus its not that expensive for a basic fluid change (oil n filter,coolant,brake n clutch fluid) it cost me about £100 all in a full service is when it gose up a bit as u have things like belts,thermostat n ignition parts