Camber setup??

NIKH25

stick my 2p in here, 

yokohama (195/45/16)

like them a lot, but bloody noisey, and you can really chuck the car about with them on. not driven them in the wet yet.

not sure if i'd have another set.

toyo (195/50/15)

had a couple of set of these now, and really like them, tempted to try them on the speedline chrono's when the yokohama are worn out.

they seem to be soft so wear quite quickly, and tend to spin up in the wet very easily as well. 

would buy these again for sure

uniroyal (195/50/15)

had these fitted for winter 2012/13, and did really well, better that i thought, only gripe is the sidewall's are really soft.

would have these again for winter rubber all day long.

goodride, proper winter spec rubber (195/50/15)

had them on for winter 2013/14, didn't really get to use them to there full potential. but in the slippy stuff, it felt well planted.

can't decide if i'd have them again, but will keep them fitted for winter 2014/15. 

Nice one Phil. It's funny but when I had the chronos on last year the yokos seemed to tramlines quite a lot but since refurbing, rebalancing and refitting they seem great, possibly the balance was slightly off before.

Can i just clear up some information here. 

Rear toe in / ^ \  increase stability in a straight line and under braking.

Rear toe out \ ^ / decreases stability in a straight line and under braking but helps to arc the rear around the corner.

OEM spec rear toe setting will be for saftey which is toe in. Setting the toe to 0 or toe out will handle better but be more twitchy.

OEM spec camber settings typically have more camber at the back than the front, this is to induce understeer, as the front tyres will let go first.

OP if you have -2 neg deg in the front you want the rear to have at least -2 neg deg or more at the back. Going past -4 neg deg actually starts to reduce rear grip again becuase you cant corner hard enough to use the contact patch fully. (depending on your suspension setup) Which if you want to reduce understeer, this is advantagous. check out the Touring cars stance to see this technique in action.

Hope this helps  :-)

• Like 3

That's an excellent bit of info mate cheers.

So I actually want more neg camber at the rear? Maybe -2.5 deg?

I'm running Meister R coilovers set at -75mm front and -60mm rear, 16" Speedline chronos with 195/45/16 yoko S drives.

Glad to help!

Id start with that, if you want to keep how the top of the tyre sits in relation to the wing, maybe add a 3mm spacer.

Having the adjustability is handy, but remember the toe will change too. You will need to do the tracking every time you make a change.