ECU help

Grant

Ok party people. ECU's. Not telling why, but at some point I'm going to need something I can program. Aside from the obvious standalone units (which I couldn't justify spending the money on) these are the options I've seen.

P28

P30

P72

All need to be chipped and the one with the most reviews is probably Crome. All are also obd1 (I think) Haven't quite got my head around what harness I'll need as it's my understanding our p9k's are obd2 but with obd1 connectors (anyone confirm!?) I've read that a lug needs to be trimmed??

So what I'm wanting to confirm is basically do they all do the same job? I've seen lots of p72's & p28's going for considerable money, but I've just seen a p30 (unchipped) going for a good price.

IMO I would stay away from p30 as when I had one with a bace map after forking the money he sent it back saying it don't support IABS. (Cough cough H-tune)

Have you read this? http://cars.homenetcs.co.uk/honda-civic-mb6/modifications-ecu.htm

Or Noodles thread, he got a p72 did the necessary soldering etc and mapped with chrome.

Yes the p9k ecu is obd2 but the loom, therefore the plugs are obd1. Certainly the lugs need some shaving on the p72, I'm not sure about the p28 or p30, I think they're obd1 so plug straight in. Hopefully someone will confirm.

I know H-tune supply p28's in various states of tune but I have heard varying reviews about them.

Oddly I found that website today in my searches. Good little read. I think I'll first need to decide on what one to get, then go with what chip and soldering etc needs to be done.

I have gone through noodles, pretty sure Naz is running a p28 too. Think they are the favourable ones.

I would be inclined to do it myself rather than buy one already done. Purely for cost. It's outrageous paying £120+ quid for one already done.

P30 just need to shave plugs to fit. I thought H-tune was sh1t why charge me for a ecu I can't use why not send it back says they can't do it? Not 100% but I think @KiNK43 had a sh1t experience with them too!

So your getting a new intake then lol

@simpo yeah that's what I've read, I'm just uncertain of whether the p30 has the same tuning/chipping capabilities as a 28/72. Don't want to buy it, go to do it and then realise I'm fighting a loosing battle!

Told you, not letting on the plans yet ;-) they are long long LONG term plans anyway, just if in can get it cheap now, I will ;)

Think you mentioned it to me at japfest so I think I know what it is. I would just stay clear of the p30 to be on the safe Side

• Like 1