ECU help

Grant

I here gr8 things about the p72 on chrome i think Dr b was talking about this too lower his iabs n it seems like a good idea to me. A dude on one of the many other not as good civic forums used a p72 to do a poor mans type r build n he said it work better than thought

• Like 1

CPL Racing offer ECU's, chipping and even mapping services. May be able to to help you? They seem to like using the Hondata chips and if you go with the S300 you can play with it yourself too!

Yeah i had been reading about fiddling with the map ..

Although this is something im not too keen on.. As much as id want to .. Running the setup im going to eventually run, i wouldnt want to fiddle with it for fear of doing something wrong!

I have however had a very good converstaion with the chaps and Horizon Motorsport/DNR and have been recomended that the p30 is actually a little better than the 28 .. Or rather it is easier to program in data logging etc etc etc ..

And the cost of sending them a p30 and them chipping/soldering etc is actually very very reasonable ..

So, im hoping this one ive found continues to go un-noticed and i'll pick it up for a steal :-D

Yeah i had been reading about fiddling with the map ..

Although this is something im not too keen on.. As much as id want to .. Running the setup im going to eventually run, i wouldnt want to fiddle with it for fear of doing something wrong!

I have however had a very good converstaion with the chaps and Horizon Motorsport/DNR and have been recomended that the p30 is actually a little better than the 28 .. Or rather it is easier to program in data logging etc etc etc ..

And the cost of sending them a p30 and them chipping/soldering etc is actually very very reasonable ..

So, im hoping this one ive found continues to go un-noticed and i'll pick it up for a steal :-D

Ah they are still alive over there then, Civic 5 discount still applies? Tell them to get back on here! 

Well id been reading good things about them and they keep popping up in research ..

He very much sounded alive!

When it comes to the time, I will most certainly be reminding him ;-)

Good man, they're still set up as traders under DNR so worth a prod! :lol:

I do think I'll get some go faster work done to mine next year maybe when money is better (Not squandered on some mad but epic holiday!)!

It would definitely be good to get them more active on here especially as part of Endless Horizon. Discounted wire tucking and bay shaving. :D

• Like 1

Any of those are fine. Sure a p30 is basically a jdm p28. So unchipped it has a speed limiter and used a couple of extra sensors. Vtec oil pressure and knock? ??

But once chipped everything is changeable.

Yes you need to cut the a plug tabs. It'll become obvious when you try plug the ecu in and there will be two little plastic tabs stopping the plug going in.

Personally I use a p28. HTune socketed it and added iab control. Which seems good quality and all ok.

But there base map was awful. 40 quid for a useless chip. Made s**t power. Didn't idle well and customer service was awful.