My aerodeck - now gone :(

marv

• 3 weeks later...

Made a start to making my own banded steelies :) got the wheel loaded up in the lathe and parted off the lip, I then cut some strips of 3mm steel an rolled them. I then tacked the band to the outer lip, loaded the wheel back in the lathe to true it all up as best I could and tack weld the rim back on. Just got another 3 todo now an fully weld them :)

8B7860D0-877F-4FCE-9580-09CA232FF2D8_zps

D95E5E9A-B3AA-485D-851E-F2C4384ADE31_zps

96107939-F6E6-4491-85FC-8621C6D46BC4_zps

I really like banded steels n i cant wait 2 c urs done! im looking for some rims but i want 16's n its hard to find any steelies that are 16 with a 4x114 pcd so ill keep looking but it dont look promising

Lol good find tom! I went to a local scrappy and asked if they had any steels from an almera/primera or accord. Was very lucky to find 4 accord steels sitting on the rack marked up with 4x114.3 on them :) been wanting a set for ages but companies were wanting like £90 plus postage for 4 steels :( hope to the other two split,rolled and tacked by tomorrow.

• Like 1

Nice list tom but i think they all run a 15 inch steely or less i want a 16 inch my mate reccons i could just pick any old 16 steely n weld the original holes up n redrill em but the engineer in me says its a bad idea wat do you think marv ?

Nice list tom but i think they all run a 15 inch steely or less i want a 16 inch my mate reccons i could just pick any old 16 steely n weld the original holes up n redrill em but the engineer in me says its a bad idea wat do you think marv ?

I suppose that it's possible, but I'm unsure if I'd want to do it. Either that or look for some 16s and use a pcd adapter but means you could go as wide. Honda may do some in 4x100 so could do a hub swap. A lot of bother for an extra inch lol