Toyota mr2

matty1

Cheers lads! Will get myself to japfest 2 then if it's ok!

Really wouldn't say it's as bad as what your describing luke. I flipping love driving it, ain't had it step out on me yet. I had a mk2 turbo before and never had any bad moments in that one either, yea you can't drive them fast at all in the wet but dry conditions there an awesome car! If I'm being honest I get a bit of under steer if anything but that was with the old tyres, new ones hold the corners good. Love it!!

Guest rallyeluke

Cheers lads! Will get myself to japfest 2 then if it's ok!

Really wouldn't say it's as bad as what your describing luke. I flipping love driving it, ain't had it step out on me yet. I had a mk2 turbo before and never had any bad moments in that one either, yea you can't drive them fast at all in the wet but dry conditions there an awesome car! If I'm being honest I get a bit of under steer if anything but that was with the old tyres, new ones hold the corners good. Love it!!

you are not driving it hard enough then :) Get it right on the limit of adhesion and see how deadly they are ;) cracking cars though and I am not slating them in the slightest 

You get any car right on the edge and your gonna have problems mate, every car has there limits. Your saying I'm not driving it hard enough cause I haven't spun it?? Ok... Won't be doing that in a hurry.

• Like 1

Guest rallyeluke

You get any car right on the edge and your gonna have problems mate, every car has there limits. Your saying I'm not driving it hard enough cause I haven't spun it?? Ok... Won't be doing that in a hurry.

I have clearly not chosen the right words buddy :) 

If you exceed the limits of a mr2's adhesion you have to be very talented to catch it and not crash or spin out, if you do the same thing in something docile like a FWD civic it is relatively easy to catch even if you exceed the cars limits.

The offshoot of the MR2's Mid engine layout is that the balance is perfect on them for optimal grip and dynamic ability and they really do take some beating when driving them fast as the grip is so neutral and beautiful but overstep the limit and you better have your game face on ;) 

Nice 2tone mr2 matty they are gr8 handling car ive had many fun times as a passenger and as the driver in my m8s turbo one defo a real drivers car. As for the understeer they were set that way from factory according to my m8 it was to help prevent to much tailout action so its a good thing sort of lol

I have clearly not chosen the right words buddy :)

If you exceed the limits of a mr2's adhesion you have to be very talented to catch it and not crash or spin out, if you do the same thing in something docile like a FWD civic it is relatively easy to catch even if you exceed the cars limits.

The offshoot of the MR2's Mid engine layout is that the balance is perfect on them for optimal grip and dynamic ability and they really do take some beating when driving them fast as the grip is so neutral and beautiful but overstep the limit and you better have your game face on ;)

Adhering to the posted speed limits of course prevents one from exceeding the limits of grip the car has to offer ;)

Guest rallyeluke

Adhering to the posted speed limits of course prevents one from exceeding the limits of grip the car has to offer ;)

Nail on the head right there Krzys ;)