abs code 16

prisspringle

hi guys,

i'm having problems with the abs on my deck, i've checked for a fault with the service light and its flashing 1 long 6 short, so code 16, which is faulty wheel sensor pulse( noise ) rr, so driverside rear sensor.

i've bought a 2nd hand sensor and i'm still getting the light on the dash, i've disconected the battery and left it for a while to try reset it still the lights on and the same code shows when checked.

any ideas guys

cheers chris

from looking at the manual, how it reads to me is the when the car is turned off and back on the light should go out an then come back when been driven, mine is on permantly.

just to check but to reset the abs ecu do you just pull a lead off the battery or do you have to pull a fuse as well?

i need to get a multi meter and check the sensor.

cheers chris

I try to never buy second hand sensors as there a bit hit n miss wen its somthing important like engine or braking systems allways try n buy new but thats just imo

• Like 1

I try to never buy second hand sensors as there a bit hit n miss wen its somthing important like engine or braking systems allways try n buy new but thats just imo

new abs sensors are upwards of £120 each to but could buy 3 second hand and only get a good one on the fourth and youve still not spent what you would have on a new one :P and on somthing like abs tbh i would rather do without abs this is the first car i have owned with abs and tbh i can do a better job of stopping the car in poor conditions myself :P

rite a little update on the the car.

i took the positive lead off the car last night when i went to work and this afternoon i reconnect it  and the light has gone out and stayed out, had a run to the end of the street and back( mot has run out while i've been waiting for the sensor ) and the light has stayed out.

on the subject of new vs 2nd had sensors, whos to say the motor factors sensors are going to last half as long as the OEM parts, going on how long bushing ect last from them i dowt they will be as good a quality. 

i've not missed having abs if anything i could stop quicker without it pulsing away far to early....

cheers for your help guys, be glad to have my car back after putting up with a saxo....

chris

Saxo, you poor guy! I'm slumming it in mothers rattly Corsa so I feel your pain! 

Glad it's behaving now! 

On the subject or second hand/pattern VS OEM parts, you know what you pay for will do that job as intended, certain parts second hand or pattern from motor factors are perfectly fine too, I think it's just certain important things that make a difference like say brake calipers, OEM ones may last 10 years without trouble and a pattern part might only last 2 or 3?