vtec engagement it's been covered a million times

Darren-mc2

First of all I know c4 engagement is not as pronounced as b16 etc . I have a mc2 and a ek3 which is c4 converted and an mb6 .

My Ek has induction kit , 4 branch an de cat and also a mapped p30 ecu and nicely goes into vtec

My mb6 an mc2 is barely even noticeable but I have all the mods except the mapped ecu , but I have driven a more or less standard vti-s just basic induction kit and exhaust no de cat or 4 branch and sounds the same as my Ek just slightly less loud ??

Is the vti-s ecu still a standard map p9k ?

I've tried disconnecting the iabs and it's a little better but don't want to do that . Checked and cleaned vtec soliniod even though it was clean and free .

Thoughts ?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah same ECU on all the standard C4 engines.

VTEC kicks in at 4.4k rpm and IABs around 6k rpm.

Reasons it won't engage as I'm sure you are aware are oil levels or a duff solenoid.

Mods most on here do to make it louder are to remove the resonator below the airbox - You'd need to remove the bumper to access this. Fit an induction kit or open air filter, I find the whales pen1s intake made the best noise but heat soaks like it's going out of fashion!

Hope this helps!

Mc2 an mb6 both have hard pipe and induction kit . Oil levels are perfect . I'm thinking about trying my p30 just to see if it's the map . Just find it strange this vti-s is different ?

He said off the shelf though, H time modify which isn't the same thing. Heard a few bad things about their base maps but that said, you're not meant to use them for anything more than getting to the tuner to have it mapped properly.