vtec engagement it's been covered a million times

Darren-mc2

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got a mongoose decat-back on mine with the standard manifold and you can definatly hear it on mine, you hear a change in noise with both the vtec and iab's but you feel more of a kick in the power when you get to 6k and the iab's come into play

my guess is that the ECU is making more of a difference than you realise, it could be that the vtec crossover is set at a different point on your p30 or that the iab's are dissabled so you are getting the full whack when the vtec engages

I can hear it engage and I then hear the iabs open but it is no where near the vti-s I've driven . I'm wondering if a ecu reset would improve things I dissconnected the battery before but noticed a post the other day about a sequence or something .

Ive had this n when i changed the solinoid gasket and did an ecu reset it felt healthier n vtec was a little stronger it might help if not then you might need a new solinoid

I done an ecu reset but feels the same to be honest I think it's because I have such a big rear silencer it's powerflow but it's definetly restricting the noise because it's pretty quiet and it's a 2.25 system .

For my Ek yes I got a c4 base map from h-tune with the intention of remapping .. But tbh with the mods I have the base map is working well . I don't understand all the negative comments about h-tune mine works and it works well and it is only suppose to be temperary .

I wouldn't be surprised if the people who had problems needed to get their cars mapped properly but were too tight to do it and expected too much from a base map that isn't even done live to match the car.

If you're happy with it and it works well then that's all good.