Bubbling water sound

kidicarus

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked in the relay box today, and the fuse in there was blown so hopeully the fan should be working ok now, thinking about ringing an auto electrician to check it out for me, going to the Isle of Wight next month and could do without breaking down on the way there!

The SRS light was on cos it had a new battery fitted, fixed that thanks to the guide on here!

Ok so I've left the car for a few days to see whats happening, the radiator was missing a bit of water so I topped it up, probably about a cupfull, checked the levels and the expansion tank seems to have more water in it before but the rad levels gone down again, any idea why the water is not going back into the rad?

Take the lid off the expansion bottle, is the rubber tube fitted to the inside of the lid? If its not, then when the car warms up it lets some coolant go into the expansion bottle, but when it cools down, because the rubber pipe isn't connected, it cant suck it back into the rad. Hope this helps, its what normally happens when we get that problem.... ;)

It could be the starting signs of the head gasket on the way out as when the b18c4 head gasket goes they just put air into the water system forcing the water out of the rad in to the bottle . when the gasket real goes it blows the rad apart . does the temp gauge rise up fast and sit high if you are driving hard . Rich.

Temp guage only went up slightly on wednesday, but that was when I started it with the heater set to cold, when I switched it to hot it still came out cold. then the temp went up and the heater started blowing hot again, funny thing is when I start it with the temp set to hot I get the bubbling sound but the temp neer goes high,anyway i'm getting it checked by a garage saturday. If it is the head gasket how much do you think it will be?

The gasket from honda is £55 and a set of head bolts from honda is £100 . i would change the valve stem oil seals at the same time and the cam seals not to sure on the prices for them Adam is the man for that . and then the labour for the head on a off 3 to 4 hours . Plus you need to get the head leave checked thats usually free for a check . if you need the head stimming its around £30 - £50 . i would say you are looking at £500 for a garage to do it . Rich.

Why get a garage to do it when doing it isnt mega hard, just time consuming?

The manual is on here and free to download and should show you what to do, just pay attention to tourqe settings on the bolts, they are there for a reason.

Garage had a look and said without taking head off cant be sure its the gasket, he suggested changing the thermostat first, had the temp control switch changed yesterday and the fan is running now at least. Also took the spark plugs out and checked the compression - reading was 150 on each, is that right?

Will change the stat next and see if that helps.

Archived