Bubbling water sound

kidicarus

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All 4 reading were 150, how do they do a cylinder leakage test? It was a mate of mine who took the readings, been out in it today and there doesnt seem to be as much smoke, before you could see it in traffic and when idling, today cant see much, maybe its the weather? I'm getting more confused by the day!!

Arghhhhhh!! :)

I cylinder leakage test is done almost the same as a compression test , but to force air into the cylinders one at a time to if 3 out of 4 fold 100 psi and one only holds 50 psi there is your problem , but this is the best bit is the rings are the problem you can here the air coming out of the dip skick . if its valve air coming out of the inlet or exhaust depending on witch valve and bubbles in the cooling system if its the head gasket . Rich.

Well the cars still seems to be ok today, no coolant loss for a few days, rad and expansion tank seem to have stayed the same level, only things I can think of are - the water level was quite high in the expansion tank - maybe that was causing a problem? The temp control switch was faulty causing the fan to not operate correctly and the rad getting too hot and water vaporating, also put some ptfe tape around the thread of the expansion tank, and pushed the hose on fully, did notice the other day some water escaping from the cap when the engine was running and at normal temp, no more smoke/steam from exhaust either now, before it was dripping out. Will leave it a week and check the levels again. Fingers crossed i'll have no more probs! :D

Well I still haven't had any overheating at least, but still losing a bit of water but not into the expansion tank like before. Is the centre of the expansion tank cap which holds the tube supposed to come out?

I'm thinking that as the temp goes up water is escaping as vapour from there, maybe need a new cap for that, might buy a new rad cap too, any ideas where I can source one? seen one on ebay for about £8.

I'm guessing my thermostat is ok as the heater works fine and the temp guage stays constant, or is it worth just changing it anyway?

So many questions, for a change! Thanks

The center of the cap will come out if the rubber tube is disconnected, as the rubber tube kinda holds it all together!! ;)

As for a rad cap, Honda sell them, or ebay mate, you could even get a Spoon one for at least another 100bhp!!! :lol::roll:

Wether you change your 'stat is up to you bud, it isn't a dear item, and it would rule it out....just be careful when you are bleeding the coolant system afterwards! ;)

• 1 month later...

Quick update as I've not been on for a while, bought a new rad cap, and put some K-Seal in, I know some people will say not to use it but I have noticed that there's no more steam / white smoke coming from the exhaust anymore and I haven't lost any water for about a month now, and the bubbling noise has gone so it all seems good so far.

Had two punctures this week so need to get them sorted next, also need to get the tracking done as its pulling to the left quite a bit, also noticed that when I go over roads with adverse camber the steering pulls a bit too, oh it also needs new front brakes as they're squeaking quite loudly!

Apart from that its a great car, anyone want to buy it? :lol:

Archived