Mcd16 tune up

Mcd16

I've got a full standard MGZS180 suspension set up. Standard shocks, springs, antiroll bar every thing. Apart from the forks the front shocks sit in, they have been milled down 10mm to level the car up and promote turn in. Works well for such a cheap mod.

how many lows did that give you? I've heard that either front or back actually raise it :S I think I need to have a look on my car to see about the milling and get an idea of it all. Would it be too stiff/low with added 30mm spring drop? Always put my nose up at rover/mg, but I can do abit of arse licking for a gain I guess! The bits are a straight swap If I'm not mistaken? Remove from mg, install on mc...?

Sweet it a little lower then. I might look at the 120 then and go from there I think cheers for that! Only concern is the little man Idont want too stiff and so far I havnt read anything on f the setup is stiff, mg120 seems the safer bet at the moment and if needed, lower the spring thanks

For the best of the best it has to be Meister R coilovers mate. They give you a fully adjustable drop, and also fully adjustable damping stiffness (32 clicks). I bought them for my MB6 hatch and have now got them on my MC1 deck, and the difference is incredible.

On the MB6, I had a mildly stiff set up (19 clicks front, 21 clicks rear) which was stiff but still comfortable. The car was lowered 35mm, so looked sweet, and the handling was totally transformed. No more understeer, even in the wet. I set it so I had a progressive oversteer, so she was totally controlable. There have been a few from here that went out in her, and couldn't believe the handling. She is sooooooo planted on the road!

For the deck, I didnt want to loose the oem comfort, so went for 15 clicks on the front, and 17 clicks on the rear. The decks been lowered 40mm, as it suits that little bit more lows due to the length of the car. Again, this set up has proved brilliant! The comfort over rough roads is still the same as oem, but cornering wise, the steering is more positive and there is no body roll in the corners, car stays nice and flat. We fiddled about a bit to get the best overall setting for what i wanted, and the above setting is perfect. And has only once had a mishap on a speed bump, in the garage near Japfest2. The front mudflaps slightly scraped going over the bump, but it was a quite brutal speed bump tbh!

Here's how she sits on them

post-2844-0-27841300-1408481453_thumb.jp

The only downside is the price. But you do get a discount if you use the civic5 discount code at the meisterR checkout, so for the money, I'd deffo say it's the best set up available. Just depends on if you plan on keeping the deck a while.................if so, then money well invested :wink:

• Like 3

Both them decks look great! Do you have te same setup then grant? How much are these coilovers with discount. I ideally need a cheap setup untill save for a while

Both them decks look great! Do you have te same setup then grant? How much are these coilovers with discount. I ideally need a cheap setup untill save for a while

About £650ish delivered mate. :smile:

Hmm defo need abit of waiting haha. People talking about under steer and that, am I the only one who's deck has oversteer? Going round a roundabout other day when raining and the backed went? It does it in the dry to with moderate driving style

• Like 1