Hamza's MB3

h4mza

The back end of an MB is heavier than the back end of an EG. It's likely the springs are designed with the EG's weight in mind, not the MB. :)

Plus I think EG rear suspension may be shorter than on the M.

I only read that he has EG springs. The EG shocks are shorter though, yeah.

Yes while this may be true, the logical assumption I'm making is that a shorter shock absorber would naturally house a smaller spring :)

I think at the very least it would be a softer spring designed to support less weight.

Spring rates are getting so overlooked on this forum...

I've never seen a standard EG and MB spring side by side so I'd agree with your assumption there.

Doesn't help that most lowering spring manufacturers don't publish the spring rates! I've only seen spring rates for Meisters for our cars and that's it!

Me either, I'm just guessing but you can see what I'm getting at! 

Yeah most lowering springs are progressive, so it changes as they compress! I think people should be given more information though.

I think that's done to compensate for the standard damper isn't it? I mean most coilovers aren't progressive because the dampers match the springs.

I read somewhere that progressive springs start off with a lower spring rate to the let the car sit lower, then it increases as you put more load on it.

Coilovers or matching spring and damper sets are as you say, matched so should be static like OEM.

It's standard MB shocks on the rear and standard EG shocks on front. I vote against EG springs, they may fit but drive crap. Anyone reading this, please avoid EG suspension.

• Like 1