freakwagon is alive!!!!!!

falkencivic

Sounds like the pipe has perished over time, it's been on a few years. I know you were planning the head swap, just to let you know that I don't think your P06 ecu has vtec capability. So if you do the head swap you'll need to address that with an auto P28 or similar, alternatively you might be able to get vtec added in to the board.

Just a quick update on the procress. Car is running but sounds to be running on 3 cylinders. Sorted the injector and have as far as I know feul going in the cylinder. Haven't taken out the plug yet but that's the next thing. The head gasket need to be looked at, at some point but isn't the reason the car died I think. Think ether the lead or plug is the colprate!!! I'm gona poss have a look later time permitting if not sunday. So will tell all the outcome of the plugs. Cheers for all the support as well it's nice. And thank Matt.

• Like 1

Yer Andy that's the plan to solder in the vtec to the board done a ton of soldering over the past few years so should be pretty easy :-) and Grant I think that would be a good idea. I am thinking of tho getting a second engine and building it up for a better boost with this vtec head and a few trick bits I have stored away. Only really cause 1 it's easier to build a turbo setup that way and 2 for the time being this aero is the everydayer so need it on the road. Me and the wife are lucky tho cause we work up the road.

New update. I believe I'm right with only having 3 cyclinders running pulled out the plugs today they were filth haha, getting new in the morning. Number 4 plug had no spark so think the plugs might be the answer. Hopefully it is.

New plug nearly done it. Still tho firing in 3 I think. Spoke to a friend who has had lots of aero he thinks it's the dizzy, which he says are common to go so when I'm back off holiday that's the first thing I'm looking at. It's defo nearly there so can't be a big fix, I thin I listerned to everyone round me to much saying it was the turbo. Should of gone with my gut and looked at the miss fire.

Dizzy is pretty common, have a look at the cap and rotor arm first, see what state they are in, you may get away with just those along with plugs and leads. Again, another service item massively overlooked.