Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Krzys

Few minor jobs done on the car this weekend.

Replaced two blown dash bulbs, two extra screws added to the radio cage to stop a rattle in there and plugged the hands free microphone back in after noticing it had come out. Also replaced the badly marked gear knob with a new OEM one. Also fitted the MDF boot floor as it was missing.

Was going to fit my new genuine Honda mats and give her a clean but rain called off play. :(

• Like 1

I'm gonna say something rather risky on civic5.. but I was gonna polish my.. gearknob cause apparently when you sand them down etc they turn out a mirror/chrome finish and it looks rather good... Maybe you should try it on your old gearknob and see how it turns out?

That's enough about polishing my knob though.

Dash bulbs are quite common but yeah the rain this weekend down here anyway was bad, my cars filthy again :/ but glad you're sorting the minor issues, My rear demister button doesn't light up unless i punch the dashboard next to it :lol:

I'm gonna say something rather risky on civic5.. but I was gonna polish my.. gearknob cause apparently when you sand them down etc they turn out a mirror/chrome finish and it looks rather good... Maybe you should try it on your old gearknob and see how it turns out?

That's enough about polishing my knob though.

Dash bulbs are quite common but yeah the rain this weekend down here anyway was bad, my cars filthy again :/ but glad you're sorting the minor issues, My rear demister button doesn't light up unless i punch the dashboard next to it :lol:

Yeah mine had gone that way in an area but it's not my cup of tea :lol:

The back light bulbs are quite easy to get to which was a nice change! Still means the whole centre bit of the dash coming out but it doesn't take that long really! Managed to do it all without unplugging the headunit which was a bonus because I was listening to music while I was working! :lol:

Just the new mats to fit and replace the wiper blades and I'm sorted as far as issues go (window rattle I can live with)! Should be in for an early MOT next weekend! 8-)

• Like 1

I can't live with the window rattle that much anymore because my subwoofer makes it rattle even more lol, but the wind deflectors help a fair bit if the windows a tiny bit down! I may have a go at the dash bulbs then..

Oo MOT time! Yours is mint so nothing to really worry about!

I really want the red mats for summer but not sure if it's too garish in a prefacelift which hasn't got as much red in the interior as a facelift!

Mine are only red around the edges, probably get away with that in yours dude! 

I'm not expecting any problems, just wanted to do it in a different month to the tax.

I think once I start having the window open more as it gets warmer I'll look at getting the rattle sorted, both doors do it! 

I have some generic mats in mine atm which are crap and end up turning sideways the more I drive. I need some 'genuine' or proper EP3 fitment ones but not sure what to get! 

The window rattle is annoying as I'm one of the drivers that drives with the windows down but heaters on haha, both of mine do it too but someone on type R owners sells a window rattle fix kit for I think £8 which provides a seal towards the glass so it doesn't have the room to rattle etc, may be worth a look!

Yeah my MOT and Tax is the month after eachother which gets quite expensive!

My generic mat is doing exactly the same! I just went to John Banks Honda on here and got me some with the club discount. 8-)

I've heard about those, I think that's what I'll end up doing to be honest as it's not worth £200+ each side to replace regulators which is what I'm told causes the rattle! 

Insurance is up in April too so if I can spread them out some that's better for me :)

Fresh MOT, engine oil + filter and fuel filter and tyre marks :lol:

Might I add, what a sod the fuel filter is to change! 

For those not in the know...

genuine-honda-fuel-filter-civic-type-r-e

That is it, lives in the tank attached to the pump.

Also cleaned the interior and fitted the genuine Type R mats, much better in the office now! 

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v354/Krzysio/Civic%20Type%20R/162422AB-5704-4889-B89F-3088EA009F8B_zps13myvi3s.mp4

Couple of photos from a drive out Saturday night.

0D4C6638-85CE-4780-91B0-8D5B200084E6_zps

6658ED22-35AD-4F63-936A-4118DE3FDED8_zps

• Like 1

LMAO are T1R's that easy to spin up with in the dry?! Looks good man such a clean example! Yay for fresh MOT!

I hope I don't have to do fuel filter on mine.. Also whos MK1 Octy VRS is that?

Edit: I love your intake noise.

LMAO are T1R's that easy to spin up with in the dry?! Looks good man such a clean example! Yay for fresh MOT!

I hope I don't have to do fuel filter on mine.. Also whos MK1 Octy VRS is that?

Edit: I love your intake noise.

Yeah that easy! My brother being a hooligan and did more later :lol:

No idea who's it was, think it was one of the other mechanics lad.