EmZvr MB3 :new thread:

EmZvr

Great transformation mate.. Hard to believe it's the same mb3 from first pic ;).. Can you explain a little how to for the green lights in the instrument panel.. How to do them and which bulbs for each button please.. I think the drls look nice in the first pic.. Look quite subtle actually :)

Yeah, it was a long journey. Now about the lights. The heater panel is lit by two led strips. I don't have pics so I made this in Paint. 

asd_zpsnr86jawz.png

This is the heater panel with everything disassembled including the buttons. Think it as a 3D object. So one strip goes at the top and the other on the bottom. The led strips are the green lines on the picture. This way the light is evenly distributed.

And all the buttons have led with resistor soldered directly on the button board.

• Like 1

What about putting the DRL's into the slits on the front lip?

Forgot about that, thanks for the idea. But my drls are big, would involve a lot of cutting. Also they have to be angled which means brightness will decrease. 

Anyway I decided to install them because I found a place that I like. A slight variation to the first pic. Will install them by the end of the week and report back :)

P1170860_zpsp6ukogcs.jpg

• Like 1

Dont u just hate law changes

Yeah, tell me about it.. I love driving in blinding sun with my headlights on, seems so logical :D

Took me a good while to see them!!

Mission accomplished then :D I hope you'll be able to see them when they are turned on though lol

Aaand it's done. I hope I don't bore you to death with all those DRL photos :D That's the final one, a video of them in action. They actually replace the factory sidelights so that's a double win for me because the sidelights in my headlights were hidden behind the projector and were barely visible. Had to remove the black plastic plate behind the license plate for the DRL to be visible but I actually love the look without one.

• Like 1