EmZvr MB3 :new thread:

EmZvr

• 1 month later...
I recently decided to do some small weight reduction becuase every gram matters. Switched my rubber mats for my fabric mats (rubber ones are very heavy). Installed new lightweight OEM wheel nuts. Old vs new

P1170993_zpszqxzc1rd.jpg

Changed my heaunit for Kenwood KMM-361SD, it's a mechless unit with shorter body that weights only 540 grams and has everything I need. Keeping my music in a SD card istead of CDs is a big relief. I really love it. And sounds better than my previous Pioneer DEH-P6700MP. 

P1170976_zpsii61nrkn.jpg

Added a small accessory to the boot that I really like, looks oem and keeps the boot tidy. It's attached with velcro and doesn't move at all. Keeps my oil and fire extinguisher. 

P1170995_zpsnrwsthhb.jpg

Weighted my car and it was 1140kg with ~20 liters gasoline. Not a bad result I think. Future plan is: 

- remove rear wiper motor (wiper arm and arm are long gone)

- switch spare tire to space saver

- remove rear speakers (I always turn them off from the headunit anyway)

- install passanger rail to driver seat (Inclining function is heavy and I would never use it. I'm 192cm tall :D)

- change the backbox for something light

- maybe look for a lighter battery to use only in summer, any suggestions ?

With some mods I added weight but nothing I can do about that.

p.s. Has somebody weighted a stock wing mirror ? I'm curious to know how much I saved with rover mirrors. They have a plastic base instead of metal.

• Like 1

Pull out the interior that'll save weight

Yes, along with PS and AC but I'm not willing to loose comfort. I'm just doing simple stuff that won't affect comfort. I know I won't feel the difference but it will keep me busy. 

• Like 1