99' VTI-S **Updated**

scoobymark

Hi all,

Just a couple of Images of my VTI-S, I posted on Honda Evolutions and Rich advised to give a look over here so thought id drop by (Cheers for the invite Rich).

Nice to meet you all.

IMG00347-20090918-1340.jpg

IMG00355-20090918-1348-1.jpg

IMG00347-20090918-1340.jpg

In two minds to keep the car in all honesty (wouldnt mind another Scooby). My biggest problem is its too good and im not sure anything wold ever come close to the security and reliability i feel in this motor.

Anyhow, all comments welcomed.

Hi Mark and welcome to civic5! Thats a really stunning VTIS you've got, looks mint! A bit of a step down power wise from the scooby, but once you get used to them, theyre awsome cars the mb6! Be amazed what you can do to them aswell, things have progressed a lot in the last year or so!!

If you fancy meeting up with some of the guys and their mb's, get yourself along to the civic5 meet on 10th april ;)

And you can enter your car on our official vtis register too 8-)8-)

Enjoy the site mate!

Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated. Ill look in the events to find out more on the 10th of April. Used to do a lot with the Subaru lads, even remained there when I had my M3... Even to the banter!

In all fairness it is a great car. It doesnt often get dirty (espcially with all the car washing people around now)..

I have lowered it 40mm and wold like to see a set of 17's on it. Have seen a couple of interesting sets but then sometimes i think it looks just as nice on the standard rims.

In the last couple of days ive bought a pair of headlamps to crack open and de tango. Im very keen on not making big changes and just subtle ones (which is why the wheels thing is a hoo haa)

I think to much will start turning it backwards and afterall, if theres not many left, its better off being a quick fix to OE spec.

Hi Mark and welcome to the site!! I too am an ex scoobie owner, and they will always have a special place in my heart, but like peeps have said, the MB6 is a great car, it hasn't got the power of the scoob but its got a lot going for it!! Your VTI-S looks sweet bud, and its great to see one lowered 40mm on standard rims, as thats what mine will hopefully look like when i lower mine!! Looks great, get it registered in the VTI-S register, (with a pic if you can!), and get along to the meet of you can, be great to meet you.

My workmate (jt21) has a VTI-S lowered 40mm with 17's, it looks amazing, but eats tyres, it really needs a camber kit fitted and set up properly, might be something to think about.....16's look almost as good without as much tyre wear problems!! ;)

Enjoy the site bud!! 8-) 1"£££$££"!!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the nice comments on the motor. I suppose im a bit of a stickler for keeping it clean.

Got a few bits that I wouldnt mind doing, just bought another set of headlamps so I can de tango and fit them. Cear side repeaters are on route and a new headlamp washer arrived today for the off side.

Everything works perfectly on the vehicle so no need to do much really as i want to concentrate on subtle mods only.

K&N was on it when I got it, I also helped the last owner to purchase it (im a insurance motor engineer) so know a lot of history on the vehicle.

I have changed the exhaust, I custom fitted the rear box myself and ive replaced the resonator in the centre pipe with an oversized one custom fitted from a mongoose exhaust system made for another manufacturer which has worked out well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Bit more of an update.

I had some spare time (which doesnt come easily) and decided I wanted to do some slight alterations to the car.

Firstly I aquired a set of headlamps off ebay, once arrived I split these and removed the orange bulb cover then put them back together without the frosted section in the indicator part and fitted them with some chrome bulbs.

I also added a set of HID's to the car, after a lot of research on here and seeing about a 50/50% split in do's or dont's i thought id give it a go. I have not been flashed in any way by another road user and must say I am 110% happy with the results.

I also the the other "project M" thread where wheels had been replaced on their aerodeck and enquired about purchasing the old wheels, a quick trip to good ol essex and some new boots for the VTI-s were fitted.

I took the grill apart, i though about painting the surround but decided until i get round to doing the rear plate chrome id leave the front and just matt black the "H" badge.

Last but not least I bought some clear side repeaters from the club (Civic5 shop) - easy to sort, great service and delivery. Anyone thinking of using them for a part I would recomend with pleasure. Tob Job!

A couple of pics to go with this update, please bear in mind the weather is rubbish, camera is rubbish and car could do with a clean as its very dirty by my standards, however Friday is nearly here!

Cheers...

IMG00205-20100331-1746.jpg

IMG00206-20100331-1746.jpg

IMG00207-20100331-1746.jpg

Thats looking amazing mark! Those rims seem to suit the Mb/Mc's really well! Glad to see you're keeping the mods subtle, less is deffinately more with the MB's ;)

Thanks for the thumbs up on the civic5 shop! You were lucky and got the last set of clear indicators, had another member today saying "Oi! Theyre out of stock!" lol We'll be getting more in really soon chaps ;)

Really loving this vtis 8-)

Archived