Drift day!

Dave

Thought I'd share this with you! For Christmas, Gayle got me a driving experience.............at a drift driving school! Went for this yesterday (saturday) and had amazing fun! A lot harder than I thought it would be, probably due to the fact its the first time they've tried to run the lessons so early in the year (and first time I've actually driven a proper drift car!). The track was covered in ice when we arrived! We couldnt really get much speed going due to the conditions, as the ice was starting to melt so we had parts with ice, straight into parts of the track that were wet. First up was handbrake turns and getting used to the car. Then it should have been doughnuts & figure of 8's As the track was still a bit dodgy, they decided to let us do "freestyle" instead. Went back out and the track was now showing ice/wet patches/dry patches! Making it even more difficult to keep momentum going (had bits where the tyres would loose grip too easily, and bits where it was dry so just gripped!. But I did indeed get it going! Finally, the last thing we got was passenger rides around the track. Even the pro drifting instructors were struggling with the conditions! lmao The cars too were showing problems during the day, with engines cutting out, over heating etc. And luckily, I didnt crash at any point! Which I was worried I would! lol Someone else did though, and tore the front bumper off the car!! Thought I'd put up a few pics of the day. Was there with Gayle, and Jim too, so Jim was on camera duties!  Always wanted a go at this, especially after doing the passenger rides at Japfest2 with Gayle last year.

All in all, an amazing day!  Huge massive thanks to my babe Gayle for such an amazing present!

post-2844-0-59695100-1422196282_thumb.jppost-2844-0-11726900-1422197793_thumb.jp

My objective in the video was to stay as close to the cone without hitting it! Thought I did pretty well for my first go! lol You can hardly hear the car I'm in as I was on the furthest away section of the track, so most of the noise you here is the other car which was under where Jim was with the camera.