Crumball rally!?

VTISmichael

Not heard of the crumball rally mate, but Gayle drew my attention to a recent one that started at the Forth road bridge, just outside edinburgh............to Rome! was called Rust to Rome (quite catchy and full of double meanings!), and although mainly classics and cars of our age, you could enter in basically any car you wanted. Looked massive fun! So Gayle and I got talking about how good it must be being a part of something like that, so have been talking about the possibility of getting something similar organized for Civic5. Wouldn't want to venture as far as Rome on the first one, so we thought about a smaller one to say France. Would be good as we do have a good few members there now, and theres also the possibility of joining up with the French version of Civic5, which is MBSquad. Could end up with a massive amount of Civic M's! Would have to be run over a good few days obviously, but we thought it could involve camping etc?? Would be immense fun to have a "Civic5 holiday", having a laugh and hanging out with members who have as much love for the civics as we both do! Will put a post up soon about it, see what the interest is.

• Like 1

Not heard of the crumball rally mate, but Gayle drew my attention to a recent one that started at the Forth road bridge, just outside edinburgh............to Rome! was called Rust to Rome (quite catchy and full of double meanings!), and although mainly classics and cars of our age, you could enter in basically any car you wanted. Looked massive fun! So Gayle and I got talking about how good it must be being a part of something like that, so have been talking about the possibility of getting something similar organized for Civic5. Wouldn't want to venture as far as Rome on the first one, so we thought about a smaller one to say France. Would be good as we do have a good few members there now, and theres also the possibility of joining up with the French version of Civic5, which is MBSquad. Could end up with a massive amount of Civic M's! Would have to be run over a good few days obviously, but we thought it could involve camping etc?? Would be immense fun to have a "Civic5 holiday", having a laugh and hanging out with members who have as much love for the civics as we both do! Will put a post up soon about it, see what the interest is.

On Dexter's project thread (yes we've spammed it a bit...) we had the idea of a Civic 5 trip to the Nurburgring! There's more to it than just the track, though that's largely the point of the town :lol:

Could be an idea to incorporate into any possible plans? But I love holidays in France and generally driving around europe! 

If you do get the chance to do a road rally though, absolutely do it mate! Best driving holiday I've ever had and it was made better doing it with my older brother and my dad, family bonding like no other :)

What's wrong with driving through France? I enjoy it myself! :lol:

Sry dude i drove there once and disliked it alot, i cant stand the french accent but as the crumball is going out of france thats ok lol

Dave that sounds really gd, tho i dont have a M the idea is great. Shame it has to be to france tho lol Now the nurburg would be amazing and id have to go in something proper quick!

I remember seeing that rust 2 rome somewhere but for the life of me i could not remember the name a few days ago so i couldnt find it, will look again!

• Like 1

I like the way the ideas are coming together in this thread.

However, driving in France may put some people off. Especially the laws regarding compulsory breathalyser kit and reflective jackets, bulb box etc etc. I personally do not mind driving abroad but would I would not be as relaxed, as say, driving in the UK.

We should be inviting our French cousins over to the UK and promote out fabulous country and the roads/scenery it has to offer. Only down side of that is the dreaded weather for organising such and event.

• Like 1

Sry dude i drove there once and disliked it alot, i cant stand the french accent but as the crumball is going out of france thats ok lol

You don't have to like the French, but that doesn't detract from the driving experience, their roads are much much nicer.

However, driving in France may put some people off. Especially the laws regarding compulsory breathalyser kit and reflective jackets, bulb box etc etc. I personally do not mind driving abroad but would I would not be as relaxed, as say, driving in the UK.

We should be inviting our French cousins over to the UK and promote out fabulous country and the roads/scenery it has to offer. Only down side of that is the dreaded weather for organising such and event.

The rules aren't that bad to be honest, I don't see why anyone would feel any less relaxed than driving in the UK, the standard of driving is much better on the continent. For one they know how to use motorways properly, you never ever see a lane hogger. But I've done a fair bit abroad in several countries so experience helps but even your first time won't take long to adjust.

Dave that sounds really gd, tho i dont have a M the idea is great. Shame it has to be to france tho lol Now the nurburg would be amazing and id have to go in something proper quick!

I remember seeing that rust 2 rome somewhere but for the life of me i could not remember the name a few days ago so i couldnt find it, will look again!

Gayle posted it to my FB page mate, so you can see the video there ;-)

• Like 1

Good point Ali! We should be promoting our country too. But would like to go to somewhere else in Europe so we could have a proper trip, and see a bit of the world. Plus it promotes the Civic M's and shows other owners who maybe don't realize there is such a big following for these Civics that there's a massive club for them (that be us! lol). I did initially like the idea of going to the ring, and had planned to do it with Jim and Paul, but never got round to it. Although it would be a great trip, there isnt really that much else to see there except the track. just thinking the weather would probs be better in France than Germany, and there are more places to visit there. But hey open to all suggestions, and see where we go from there. Needs to be something the majority of us all want to take part in, so getting the right destination will be crucial. :wink:

On Dexter's project thread (yes we've spammed it a bit...) we had the idea of a Civic 5 trip to the Nurburgring! There's more to it than just the track, though that's largely the point of the town :lol:

Could be an idea to incorporate into any possible plans? But I love holidays in France and generally driving around europe! 

If you do get the chance to do a road rally though, absolutely do it mate! Best driving holiday I've ever had and it was made better doing it with my older brother and my dad, family bonding like no other :)

Yes mate! Deffo liking the look of it! Even being a part of our normal meets/runs, the feeling you get being in a convoy of Civic M's and the looks from pedestrians/other cars is amazing, so to do it on a bigger scale and in a different country would be awesome! Will take a hella lot of planning but no reason we can't do it!

I planned an executed the Eurotrip back in 2013 and it went off without a hitch! It turns out I know my way to Le Mans without a sat nav :lol:

Plenty to plan, but well worth the work! 8-)

• Like 1