Front door speakers wiring

JK1245

Hi guys, I've got a set of speakers for the front and they've supplied me with speaker wire but I don't know how to wire them up to the existing plug? Anyone have any tips or do I have to wire them to the amp?

Just lop the plug off and put some spade connectors on Instead. Or use a small piece of the cable you've got with connectors on and join that to the original cable. Can use crimp connectors or sokder. Use heatshrink or insulating tape to cover any soldered joints.

Can't remember the polarity off top of my head though. A google search will reveal all I'm sure.

• Like 2

Just lop the plug off and put some spade connectors on Instead. Or use a small piece of the cable you've got with connectors on and join that to the original cable. Can use crimp connectors or sokder. Use heatshrink or insulating tape to cover any soldered joints.

Can't remember the polarity off top of my head though. A google search will reveal all I'm sure.

Black is always minus, and red is always plus. Often you get other colours too like white, brown, blue or yellow but almost always one of the wires will be red or black. And when you know what polarity that is, it's pretty easy to figure out the other one, no matter what colour. :wink:

• Like 2