dipstick tube

philgor

right, i've had my car for 3 years now, and the dipstick tube has always been loose, but a couple of months ago it came out of the block when i went to the check the oil, the tube came out with the dipstick. 

i ordered a new tube from honda, fitted it and it was still loose, but a bit better.

but now its even worse, and it leaks oil from it cos of crankcase pressure, does anyone have any idea of what's going on or how to fix it?

Weird one ay...

Erm once you've finished putting your d**k in it, could you possibly try neatly wrapping ptfe tape round the end of the tube. to seal it and increase the diameter a little making it tighter.

Weird one ay...

Erm once you've finished putting your d**k in it, could you possibly try neatly wrapping ptfe tape round the end of the tube. to seal it and increase the diameter a little making it tighter.

still recon my suggestion is better, but that is a good one, also use a mallet to hit it down a bit