MB6 Progress

KieranEG6

It has Begun!! 

Though I would start a little progress thread. Finally got stuck in with a good half days work. 

How it started. Managed to give it a quick oil/plugs change in car park few weeks back. Will change it again once run for a few more weeks. 

DSC_1549_zps2b8c220b.jpg

And after a bit of grafting. 

1004736_211763935638595_94803681_n_zpsb4

Managed to pick up a full set of Koni STR.Ts with the H&R springs and I have had these wheel sat in the shed for a while. So far Got all the suspension fitted, replaced both front shafts (cv boots split and i had spare shafts), N/S track rod end, N/S Rear trialing arm bush, clutch slave cylinder and had to fit one of my good new rear calipers I was saving for my EG6 as the one on this caught fire on the way to the garage  :mad: . Still need to do the rear ARB links and bushes but just going to swap the lot out for a ZS 180 one. Why fix when you can upgrade  :razz:.

Don't really get what all the fuss is about when it comes to replacing the RTA bushes. Took me about 15min if that. Just dropped the toe link bolt, 2 big bolts to RTA bush, moved hand brake cable out of way, pulled down with one hand and smacked the bush out with a brass hammer in the other hand.  [smash.gif]  New bush went back in just as easy.  [smash.gif]

Next will start in the engine side. I have an uber rare 2.5" DC2 Feels 4-2-1 manifold sat here as a spare for my EG6 but recon its to good to go on this as will be mainly missus driving it. Will have to look out for a 98 spec or other cheap ish manifold to go on. The system thats on it looks to be a cheapo Timax 1.4 or 1.6 one bodged on so that has to go, along with the cat (No MOT in isle of man so no cat needed 8-) ). I have a DC2 back box, just need to find a decent center section to go on aswell. Also have a spare new Distributor to go on at some point. Dizzy on it looks cracked and will surely be the original done 108Kmiles, sure a new dizzy will freshen it up. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rear Koni's are sitting a little high. If they don't settle im going to have to modify  [smash.gif]  the bottom forks or modify the front forks and raise the struts on them instead. Can't stand uneven heights.

Wow, amazing what a difference a good minting and a fresh set of wheels makes. 8-)

There is a problem with the Koni str.t kit and they will sit like that, when I tried to order a set a couple of years ago I was told they were wrong for the car, something to do with the spring rates iirc, they obviously haven't resolved it.

Wow, amazing what a difference a good minting and a fresh set of wheels makes. 8-)

There is a problem with the Koni str.t kit and they will sit like that, when I tried to order a set a couple of years ago I was told they were wrong for the car, something to do with the spring rates iirc, they obviously haven't resolved it.

To be honest its still filthy dirty as Im yet to have time to wash it. 

Think the issue with the Koni's is either the fork length or spring length. As both the forks look a little longer and the springs seem not much shorter. Must be that little bit too stiff at same ish length keeping it up. Will see how they sit on road at speed, If the front never rubs and seems sound then ill just modify the holes in the forks on the rear to compensate the difference. But if the front becomes too low for paced back roads then ill raise that to match instead.  

Must admit I do also like a nose down look but Its just that little bit to much difference. 

Edit: in fact I think there seems to be some confusion to which kit fits the MB6 (if any kit does) as there is the kit for 5 door M civic's that excludes the 1.8 Vti MB6 and the only other kit I can find is the one for the Aerodeck/wagon Vti. Would make sense for this likely to be the Vti Kit designed to be used on Aerodecks with the extra weight over the rear being Estates. Looks like they don't do an MB6 vti 4dr hatchback kit. 

Nice one yer I have the koni and mine sit nose down but I like it had them on 2-3 years now . Was not sure about look and feel at first but it grew on me and love the look and feel now.

How is it over on the island is there a speed limit coz would not mind bringing TRINITYD over one day and doing the tt run :) :)

Nice looking m you

Nice one yer I have the koni and mine sit nose down but I like it had them on 2-3 years now . Was not sure about look and feel at first but it grew on me and love the look and feel now.

How is it over on the island is there a speed limit coz would not mind bringing TRINITYD over one day and doing the tt run :) :)

Nice looking m you

Nope there are tones of National Speed limit area's over here, were as we don't have a national limit so you go as fast as you like as long as your not driving dangerously. Some coppers tends to take a funny if they see you belting past at 100mph bouncing off 9000rpm. But most they do is pull you and have a word, as unless your actually driving dangerously then they can't do anything. You do get the odd few jobsworths who threaten you with all sorts of offences but generally its just scare talk. 

TT is prime time for anyone to come over, they make the 17m mountain section 1 way for the whole 2 weeks. So its basically like a Free mini nurburgring. Just have to keep your wits about you if you go up in the day as there is always quite a mix of non local bikers going slow using the whole road and loads of local cars/ bikes who know the roads making the most of the one way, as you could say  :wink: . If you go up at night or dusk you can drive as you like.

Mate in his DC2. Quality is not the best but you get the Idea. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb_9haBVlKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAd3Mhu67bU

I quite like a nose down look myself but with the koni's it's more of an arse in the air look.

Dave, it's not a problem on the MB3 only seems to be an issue with the MB6.