Josh Smith's MB6 Fast Road Build

jmlsmithy

Hi all, owned my MB6 since december 2014 and thought it's about time i got myself on this forum and showed my build.

here are some photo's from when i bought the car back in december. 

Civic VTi 

Pirates Black 

100,000 miles 

============

MG ZS V6 Shocks and Springs 

ZS Anti Roll Bars 

Cheap 4-1 Manifold 

De-Cat 

Longlife Exhaust 

Carbon Wrapped Dail Bezel 

ZS Silver Dash Trims 

Vti-s Full Lip Kit 

Oem Wheels 

Accord Type R Spoiler 

Accord Type R Interior Lights

Cheap Induction Kit 

==============

I Originally bought the car with intentions of doing what most people do with MB's and that's rip the engine out and stick it into an EG Civic, however over the months of owning this car. i have somewhat fallen in love with everything about it, and as you do when you find the right car you plow loads of money into it! am i right ? 

post-7627-0-81528600-1431375293_thumb.jp

• Like 2

welcometocivic5smile

Glad to see another one has managed to convince a potential donor to a keeper! 

They are massively underated mate and surprise ALOT of larger/more powerful/smaller, less weight cars! 

• Like 1

thanks for the welcome lads, yes they are great cars tbh. i've spent a small fortune already getting the car to handle and look right i will post some pics up of how it looks soon. 

here's a few photo's of the start of the build, first things was removed the rear toe eye, not a fan of them. fitted some Yokohama Prada spec 2's. didn't think much of them. but they done me for a good few months.

post-7627-0-99975100-1431634874_thumb.jp

post-7627-0-28082900-1431635063_thumb.jp 

wasn't too keen on the exhaust system the car came with, so i decided to get a custom long life exhaust made by Neil Harmond Racing in Taunton. i think it looks and sounds great, doesn't sound like the normal civic. cost me just shy of £350.00 but was worth it. 

post-7627-0-37700800-1431635055_thumb.jp

post-7627-0-17726000-1431635071_thumb.jp

then back in February i discovered an oil leak that seemed to be from the left front corner of the head, thought of the worse straight away (head gasket) but luckily after further investigation, i noticed the VTEC solenoid was seeping oil out and of course when i drove it hard caused more oil to seep out. so fortunately for me my Misses works for Howard's Honda cheap parts ;) ordered the new seal and fitted that now no leaks :) 

post-7627-0-20004100-1431635106_thumb.jp

next part to change was the horrible grandad spec steering wheel, and i don't trust drivers airbags so it had to go :) swapped it out for my OMP boss and OMP wheel that i had previously on my EJ2 Coupe. had to take the dials apart and disconnect the SRS light as most people would know nothing worse than having a light on constantly :( also had to modify the horn wiring to fit my non-airbag boss so the horn actually works. 

post-7627-0-90627700-1431635586_thumb.jp

post-7627-0-00467200-1431635598_thumb.jp

post-7627-0-70228100-1431635611_thumb.jp

there is still loads more photo's and info of more i've done since then :) might upload a couple more tomorrow night. 

yes i've seen 1 thread of this back when it started i presume ? not sure how many members on here have made a post of the car haha, be nice to see the history though, as i'd love to know how it managed to produce 184hp back in 2008 :)post-7627-0-91960600-1431636979_thumb.jp

You won't find a build thread as I clog the forum up with all my new cars! Thought you put them other wheels on

haha, bit like i use to be :) yeah it's got new wheels on, however i haven't got that far on doing this build thread yet :)