Best Tyres?

DanTheB18Man

Another vote for Rainsport 3's ! Amazing in both wet and dry and a good price too!

I agree, everyone will have a preference. Plus, tyre can vary massively dependant on the cars suspension set-up (hard, stiff, soft, camber etc) and weight too. To most that seems pretty obvious, but its easy to forget or not think about if you're a car newbie. I had pirelli p6000's on all of my BMW's ( 5 series) and they were faultless, grippy when I wanted and easy enough to break free if I pushed them the right amount, But when my MB6 cme with them on, they were absolute s**te, no confidence at all, just sliding about everywhere and spinning out under even just light load (2-2.5K). But even I as someone who should know, was guilty when inspecting on purchase of saying to myself " ahh P6000's with decent tread all round, great they should be fine".....How wrong I was lol! 

But once again for the MB at least the Uniroyal Rainsport 3's have been amazing!

on my winter set of wheels, i have 195/55/15 bridgestone a001 all seasons fitted, absolutely awesome, 50mph/3rd gear on snow, foot down no slipping. couldn't even get spin out of them unless driven like a tool..

summer set.

195/45/16 Yokohama S-drive, never ever again, good in the dry, worse than the toyo t1r in the wet.

just ordered a set of uniroyal rs3's and hoping that they'll be better.

on my winter set of wheels, i have 195/55/15 bridgestone a001 all seasons fitted, absolutely awesome, 50mph/3rd gear on snow, foot down no slipping. couldn't even get spin out of them unless driven like a tool..

summer set.

195/45/16 Yokohama S-drive, never ever again, good in the dry, worse than the toyo t1r in the wet.

just ordered a set of uniroyal rs3's and hoping that they'll be better.

Let us know your thoughts once you have had them on a while. 

Let us know your thoughts once you have had them on a while. 

i've had the rs2 before in 195/50/15 bloody brilliant, my only complaint about them is that the side walls were 1 ply, so you could feel the tyre moving about when turning.

got mine friday, were fitted that afternoon, bloody good job i didn't hold out on the tyres as my old ones could of given me 9 points.... three of them were below the legal limit DUE to them going out of shape on the inside. so folks, check all of the tyre not the bit you can see easily...

initial impressions. i now appear to be running a slightly stretched look, despite replacing the tyres with the correct size, 195/45/16, but i feel a 205 tyre would be too wide...

road noise, compared to the yokohama's they seem to be quite quiet. i have to use the A180 each day, its a concrete surface duel carriageway, which was laid the wrong way (yeah i know it sounds daft... but i went along it the wrong way a couple of years ago due to road works and it was like driving on a different road.) and its bloody noisy road.

grip, dry, good so far, as i expected the tyre does flex and move, but i expected this, not pushed them too hard yet, but they do give you confidence. wet, not had them out in the wet yet, so can't comment on that.

they do look right at the correct pressure, the bridgestones i use in winter, are a very soft tyre, and look low on pressure when its at the correct pressure. 

had them on now for about 200 miles, and impressions are good, both dry and wet, forgot to mention that they are XL rated aswell, they ride a lot softer than the yokohama's as well. 

• Like 1

I've just bought Uniroyal Rainsport 3's for the front and there amazing. Got Toyo T1r's (look brand new) on the back.

So much grip from uniroyals that the back end stepped out as they can't keep up with the fronts on a heavy roundabout cornering test.

Defo uniroyals from now on...and they're cheaper than Toyos ;)

• Like 3