AZZA's SILVER MB6

azzamb6

Ive had it for about 3 months now and I can conclude that I like the mb6 alot. Mostly because of the practicality amongst the performance, however I also really like the styling too.

On the list of cosmetic things I will do to it are:
Lowered 40mm all round
Dechrome inside headlight housing
Seat and door card swap from a mb4 I have
Tinted windows
Black grill surround (maybe red H badge)
Replacement foglights yellow or can be tinted
Usdm sidelight mod
Jdm rear light mod
Dechrome numberplate surround
Black wheels (may buy aftermarket wheels later)
Rectify the laquer peel on rear spoiler and bumper
Respray rocker cover

Performance wise I will get:
Spoon n1 type back box
Custom b pipe
Adjustable decat pipe
4-2-1 manifold and header (unsure of brand)
Uprated LMAs (mine were pretty bad when I bought it)
Skunk2 intake manifold
Cold air induction kit
Uprated spark plug wires
Uprated spark plugs

post-7686-0-71318900-1433425272_thumb.jppost-7686-0-91272200-1433425342_thumb.jp

Tidy looking mb6 mate, and looks like MGZS sideskirts. Liking your plans for it!

Cheers Dave, I think those skirts look better on our cars to be fair!

Meanwhile I made a start on the leather seats but found that the rear bench locks are different, so Ill sort that out when I get to it. I also added a led strip underneath the ashtray.

post-7686-0-78651800-1433453874_thumb.jp

post-7686-0-45690800-1433453934_thumb.jp

post-7686-0-25508200-1433453974_thumb.jp

Yeah rear locks are different sizes from pre-facelift to facelift cars.

The plastic trim there is also different because of the slot for the locks but you can deal with that whichever way you decide. I swapped them over to save cutting it up.

Yeah rear locks are different sizes from pre-facelift to facelift cars.

The plastic trim there is also different because of the slot for the locks but you can deal with that whichever way you decide. I swapped them over to save cutting it up.

Yeh the rear seat has larger clips when they added a 3 point middle belt!

Looks great!

Yeah i figured, however I've decided to keep the half leathers because the side bolsters are larger and my back feels more supported and more able to breathe lol.

On the otherhand.. I had alot of badging to remove!

• 1 month later...

So its been around a month since my most recent update, and in that time I have had:

Swapped some clean headlights in and whilst I was there I removed the rez box and done a ecu reset (well worth it the car is more alive now lol) also removed one of my ropey fogs. I also found that my bumper beam was badly rusted so I swapped it with the one off my mb4

I took a shot at some painting and decided to do the rear number plate chrome and both 'H' badges too. It turned out okay however I learned my lesson with the rear chrome as I didnt mask correctly. I will be correcting that when I get around to respraying the spoiler and bumper.

I noticed that my front end was particularly 'loose'. After having a mooch I discovered that my tie rod ends were in need of replacing so I brought those and at the same time I got new front and rear pads and I needed rear discs so I got the garage to replace those. Along with an alignment. The car feels good now.

Another addition are the 16" accord wheels I purchased off a member on here for a decent price. I'll be trying my hand at a refurb when time is free.

Thats all for now. I think I'll be improving the handling along with some exhaust work next.

PS. Im unable to upload images currently im having problems with attaching them. They'll be up soon

• Like 1